2 - anxiety

Scott wasn't a known person around the campus. Most of the other kids just knew him from the 'I'm Scott Malkinson, and I have diabetes,' mock. Sometimes he wishes he had friends.. well he did have friends, but they barely knew anything about him. By now he was used to all of this. But today's interaction with Clyde kind of set him off track. He liked to follow a schedule and the small meet with Clyde threw him off that schedule.

Scott watched Clyde scurry to his next class. He glanced up at the clock and realized there were only 2 minutes left of passing. His eyes widened a little as he started to also run to class as well. It wasn't a surprise that the bell rang before he arrived at his class. A small sigh of disappointment escaped him, there went his perfect attendance.

Scott poked his head through the open door as the teacher turned her head at him.

"You're late, Scott. Have a reason?" She asked solemnly, glaring over at him from her desk. He gulped nervously and stepped into the classroom as he played around with his uniform's collar.

"I got.. caught up in- I- uhm.." He spat out. The classroom was full of whispers and giggles, overwhelming Scott a little. He felt his legs slowly shaking as the teacher glared daggers, being the center of attention was not something he was used to. All eyes were on him, not at all did he enjoy this. How do people enjoy this?!

"Just take a seat." The teacher said in an annoyed tone. Scott immediately shuffled into his seat, on the brink of tears. He hated being in front of the class like that, he hated all eyes being on him, he hated being late to class. Stupid Clyde. He thought. But it wasn't Clyde's fault.. right? No! It probably is.. or not. Why is he even blaming Clyde? He has nobody to blame but himself.

The class went back to normal, aside from a few glances and giggles at Scott nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary.The lesson was brief and quick, nothing Scott couldn't do.

All the kids stood up almost in unison when the bell rang. They all rushed out as quickly as they could to get to their next class or talk to their friends beforehand. Sometimes Scott wished that he could have friends to talk to during passing like that. He stood up and walked out of the classroom, only staring down at his feet.

——————

The rest of the day went normal. Nothing weird or bad had happened, thankfully. Scott's mind was blank as he walked towards the dorms, the hallway was packed with other kids also having the same destination as him. After a few moments he spots someone familiar in the crowd.. Clyde? Clyde also noticed him and waved obnoxiously at him with the happiest face in the world. Scott let out an awkward smile and gave a small wave back which was enough to send Clyde running at him.

"HEYY!" Clyde yelled as he arrived in front of Scott. Scott let out an awkward giggle and said a low and quiet "Hi" back. The two stood there, staring into each others eyes. Clyde's eyes were a creamy brown color, they were beautiful. It matched his smile real well.

"Did you need anything?" Scott asked, tilting his hand to the side a little. Clyde let out a small giggle.

"Wanted to ask if you wanna be friends? You seem like a pretty cool guy!" Clyde asked, looking up at Scott with a warm and comforting smile. Scott was a little shocked by this, someone actually wanted to be friends with him? But why Clyde? The one time they had interacted was when he accidentally ran into him in the hall, why would Clyde want to be friends with someone like that?

"Oh- sure!" Scott replied giving a small smile to Clyde back. He watched as Clyde's face light up even more as he let out a small and quiet squeal. Was he really that excited or something? Scott giggled softly.

They chatted for a bit before Scott realized the amount of homework he had. The two boys waved goodbye and walked off their separate ways to their dorms. Scott entered his dorm to see his dorm mate, Tweek making something in the kitchen. The two hadn't really spoken with each other unless needed, so he just ignored it and walked to his room and sat down at his desk.

He let out a sigh and pulled out a small journal and started jotting down his thoughts and opinions.

A/N: Sorry for shorter chapter :( I'm not feeling the best and I've been sick for a week JADHJAKAA