♡ 05

- NARRATOR -

Frederick walked for a while, he found a bird about to die, so he decided to use that to satisfy his hunger at the moment and return to the cave. When he arrived, he looked at Zack, complaining that Oreo was approaching, wanting to bite him in game mode, but had arranged the sleeping bags and the campfire inside the cave, Fred whispered in a sigh

- He's so weird..

Frederick entered the cave again, sitting on one of the sleeping bags and Oreo climbed on his lap, lying down to sleep, Zack complained, lying down on the other bag.

- That cat is wild..

- He's not wild! Just look at him. He's so adorable..

- Well, adorably, he's trying to bite me.

- He surely sees you as food

Silence filled the environment and Zack, with a scared face, turned around trying to sleep, Fred also lay down and they both fell asleep.

The other day

The sun entered the cave waking up both boys, they got up and put away their things to try to continue their trip early on, they were walking but Frederick was yawning along the way and Zack noticed it but didn't want to ask because he didn't know how to do it. Zack thought about it a lot, they continued daring through the forest calmly since during the day the infected animals mostly slept due to the heat, with the infected humans it was the opposite, which is why Zack was very confused to see Frederick so tired.

- Are you Okay?

- Uh.. Yeah, just a bit.. uh, tired

- I thought you had more energy in the day

- Yeah I susally do, It's just that I haven't slept or eaten much, don't worry about it.

- Are you sure..?

- Yeah, shut up. Your voice is actually annoying

- No need to be that rude you know.

Frederick ignored him and continued walking, Oreo was walking next to him until he stopped, both boys looked at Oreo, noticing that he was hearing something.

Oreo seemed curious but alert, Fred took a few steps back because of that and Zack grabbed one of the knives that he kept hidden under the sleeves of his clothes on his wrists. Looking around and hearing footsteps almost next to him, Zack moved his arm. quickly with the intention of stabbing but when he noticed that she was a normal girl he moved back and only caused a small cut on her arm

- Ouch!

- I'm so sorry! I thought you were infected or an animal, I'm very sorry

- Do I look like a animal to you?!

- Uh...

That girl with short hair had wounds on her body, some metal parts on her body as if replacing parts of skin and her entire forearm so Zack was speechless when he noticed that, not knowing exactly how to respond since without thinking he could say "Yes"

‐ You know what? You better not answer that question

- As you want... By the way, are you alone? We are in the middle of the forest and I didn't expect to find someone here...

Zack laughed lightly, looking out of the corner of his eye to his left side, noticing that Fred was hiding behind a tree, signaling to him that I took that Girl away from there but Zack was nervous as he didn't know how he could do that without sounding suspicious or rude.

- Uh, right now I am, but I have a camp with other people nearby, I came to look for food and I ran into you who seem to be really alone

- Oh.. well, I'm not alone, I have a friend but he went over there and I was going to go look for him but I found you haha..

- You're weird.. Anyways if it gets dark and you two need a place to sleep, the camp is to the east, we offer help and food to other survivors since there are more and more infected and in addition to being disgusting, they are savage, It's not very safe to be alone in this place.

The girl really seemed very sociable, she spoke very normally despite not knowing anything, which was making Zack nervous since he was not that sociable, Zack let out a slight nervous laugh, scratching the back of his neck, also being aware that Fred was listening to that conversation.

Although what she said about most infected people was true, Zack was aware that it might slightly offend Fred the way that girl was saying it, so Zack stopped her by responding.

- Y-yeah, Thank you very much for the invitation, if necessary I suppose I could see you again... erm..

- Elizabeth, my name is Elizabeth, nice to meet you!

- That's a pretty name, I'm Zack. It's also good to meet you.. But I have to go now! I apologize, but I'm in a hurry..!

- Oh, it's-.. It's okay!!.. That was very strange

Zack passed Elizabeth leaving before Elizabeth could finish speaking, making her raise her voice a little and then she sighed, watching Zack leave and then turning around and going back to her business.

Zack sighed later, looking around for Frederick, he couldn't see him anywhere until something touched his shoulder and made him jump slightly in surprise, Frederick looked a little more serious than usual.

- So "disgusting and savage"?

Fred spoke, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow as he asked, Zack sweated coldly looking at him.

- Hey, I don't think that!.... Not about you

- Is that supposed to make me feel better?... Oreo! Backward!

Oreo was about to bite Zack but then he just meowed at him and turned around sitting on the floor, Zack sighed very nervous about that.

- That girl was talking so much, I didn't know how to stop her without being rude..

- Anyways we have to continue walking before the day is gone

- Can I?-

- No.

Zack was going to try to take Frederick's hand playfully, in a failed attempt at an apology since Frederick seriously stopped him. Both boys continued their journey for a while until they found something unexpected on their way.