La Salvadora

The men stood in helpless shock as the ship crumbled, the sound of splintering wood echoing over the ocean waves

The men stood in helpless shock as the ship crumbled, the sound of splintering wood echoing over the ocean waves. The scene before them fueled an urgency that propelled them into action. Jack, driven by both fear and love, didn't hesitate. Ignoring the sting of the saltwater on his hand, he sprinted into the ocean, his desperate calls for Maria carrying over the tumultuous waves while the two others were following behind him.

Growing up beside the vast expanse of the ocean and spending a significant part of his life on ships had forged Jack into a skilled swimmer. Within moments, he reached the site of the collapsing ship, his heart pounding in his chest. With each stroke, he frantically searched for any sign of Maria.

"Maria!" he shouted, the sound blending with the crashing waves. As he circled the remnants of the ship, he came across a set of once-grand windows. The intricate design, now weathered and worn, bore witness to the ship's glorious past. Some panes were shattered, reflecting the harsh sunlight, while others clung to their fragile existence despite the years of battering by the relentless sea.

Jack, fueled by a mix of determination and worry, gripped the wooden edges of a window. With a powerful kick, he shattered the glass and the rotting wood frame, creating a hasty but clear entryway into the dark and mysterious heart of the sunken ship.

Inside he found the interior walls had collapsed, in quick and desperate steps he looked through the debris; "Maria!" he called again desperately looking around him for any sign of her. Under all of it slightly poking out of the water in a corner he noticed her hand, lifeless and pale. He rushed to move the debris off of her while desperately calling and begging for her to stay awake; Maria however was in no way awake. She wasn't even sure if she was alive, stuck between reality and her imagination. Between the images of her past and future.

Nurnu rushed inside, his experienced eyes scanning the dimly lit wreckage. The air within the decaying ship felt heavy with the weight of history, and every creak and groan echoed with the stories of the sea. Working alongside Jack, the two of them moved with urgency, fueled by concern for Maria.

In the belly of the ship, where the sea had claimed its territory, they found her trapped beneath a tangle of broken wood and coral. Jack's heart pounded as he glimpsed her unconscious form, the pallor of her skin accentuated by the eerie glow filtering through the shattered windows.

With a strength born from adrenaline and desperation, they carefully maneuvered the debris, revealing Maria's delicate figure. The gash on her forehead painted a stark contrast against her pale complexion, a visual testament to the dangers that lurked within the ship's embrace.

"She's alive, Jack," Nurnu assured, though the worry in his eyes mirrored Jack's own concerns. Together, they cradled Maria in their arms, navigating the treacherous terrain back to the open sea. The salty water clung to her like a haunting embrace, a reminder of the close call she had with the secrets hidden within the ship's confines.