Chapter 1

AN: So yep I am back.... Had this story lurking around in the depths of my mind and decided to post it here. It is just an experiment. Only if you guys review it enough and give me some positive responses, I will feel confident enough to write up another story. As for updates, I might post once per month since I am writing about 10000 words per chapter. I need some time to correct things here n there since I don't have a beta... if anyone is interested in dng beta pls dm me. I need one!

Chapter 0: A maelstrom lands in!

BOOM!!!!

There was a huge explosion in Konoha. It was in the afternoon and the third hokage was rubbing his temples as soon as he heard it. It has been already a long day and he did a lot of paperwork on his desk and was thinking of taking a small nap, but no the gods above him weren't giving him that much luxury. 'What is it now again?!!' thought Sarutobi Hiruzen as he got up from his chair and stared out of his window towards the direction from where the explosion came from. However, as soon as he started staring out of the window, he sensed a huge spike of chakra from that direction. He immediately signaled the Anbu in his room that they were going there.

"I swear this job is really a huge pain in my ass, I wish I was still training under my sensei." Muttered Sarutobi to himself as he leapt from tree to tree towards the explosion he heard along with his team.

As he approached the location from where they felt the chakra spike, he saw a huge crater in between a forest and so many trees were uprooted from the forest and were pushed away from its epicenter. 'Who or what would do this much damage to this place?' thought Hiruzen as he started to slide down the crater. In the middle of the crater, he spotted a person lying. Both him and the Anbu around him got alert and proceeded towards him with caution. Upon getting closer Hiruzen saw a young man who appeared to be somewhere around 19 or 20ish. He had blond hair in a spikey manner across his forehead and three whisker marks on his cheeks. But more importantly, the pressing matter at hand was he was having a Konoha headband on him. 'strange, I have never seen him in the village. Who is this guy?' thought Hiruzen.

The blond boy in question awoke because of the stir around him and then locked his eyes on Hiruzen. "old-man is that really you?" asked Naruto blearily and then started to get up. A wave of warmth and nostalgia was hitting him as he took in the sight of watching his grandfather figure. The Anbu around him were afraid he might try to assassinate the Hokage, because of the ongoin war. They got wearier of him. Naruto noticed this and then tried to raise his hands above his head. "Woah! Woah! I am not here to assassinate Hokage. I mean no harm to you." Said Naruto as he took a step backwards.

"You say that! but how can we believe you?" Said the Anbu who appeared to be in charge of the squad in front of him. The Hokage had a pensive look on his face, was thinking all the while keeping a guard up. Naruto then started to speak again. "I would like to talk to you Hokage-sama, in personal. You can verify what I am saying is true or not, by having a Yamanaka checking my mind and my memories." The Hokage's eyes widened upon hearing what the blond said. Either he really belonged to Konoha or he knew too much about how Konoha functions. If it is the latter and he turned out to be an enemy shinobi, he would be a problem to deal with. He hoped that he rather belonged to his village. He nodded his head and began to speak. "Very well then, follow us and you shall have a private audience with me at my office." Said Hiruzen with a level headed voice and neutral expression on his face.

For the sake of safety and security Naruto was blind folded and tied up. Not that it mattered to him. He is strong enough to get rid of them and if he wished to. However, he needed to prove that he was no threat, acting hostile would only fail him in proving his argument. Hiruzen had a few Anbu sweep the area around to make sure there was no one around who might be waiting for an opening or will enter the village that might be an enemy; that is to help this blond if he turned out to be an enemy.