Take 11: ...

Kips POV:

I wish I hadn't thought it might have been Olivier for a moment. The man behind the mask. The only thing that made sense was the key. My mind never went to Liekeman, our strange and eccentric professor. Out to kill those with the most talent.

Liekeman, our strange and eccentric professor who wasn't even a professor, just a failed drama student, turned drunk, turned killer. The real Liekeman has been dead for seven years. The imposter has been him ever since. Just a drunk wandering in off the streets, making shit up.

My clothes are wet again. Though I'm not sure they ever got dry.

Olivier was dead three minutes after I left him. His radial artery on both wrists ... severed. I'll never know how the knife got into his hands or if he's the one who used it. I couldn't even bring him clothes. Couldn't even come back to him.

His body was removed ten minutes ago. The body bag zipped right in front of me, but I can still see him. A towel over his lap, stained in his blood. Out of everyone, the man in the mask wanted him dead. The dog. The spiders. This. Just for him.

If I said that there wasn't a tiny part of me that hopes Tarek succumbs to his injuries, I'd be lying. Even if Olivier was going to die this week no matter what, maybe I could have enjoyed him more.

Maybe I wouldn't have had to leave him.

I wish someone would take my heart from my chest. I want that more than anything.

Cause I know this is how he felt in the last few moments.

Completely alone.