Chapter 4

The party was in full swing close to midnight as pretty much everyone she knew, and a lot she didn't, were packed into her friends' house. She had been given too many kinds of alcohol as gifts to count. Sanya had periodically been looking for Ian, but it wasn't going to consume her whole night, she decided early on. She was having a great time with Natalie and Katrina, and everyone else that had showed up. She was hanging out in the kitchen talking to a girl who had been in one of her freshman classes and laughing about a professor when Katrina and Natalie showed up behind her and grabbed her arm. 

"Sorry can we borrow the birthday girl for a sec? Thanks!" Natalie said as she and Katrina pulled Sanya away from her. 

"Hey! What's up guys?" Sanya laughed as she let them lead her away from her conversation. 

"Look at that guy over there... He's perfect," Katrina nodded her head in agreement with Natalie, still gripping her arm excitedly. 

"Okay. Where exactly is this 'perfect' guy." Sanya questioned sarcastically.

"Okay he's coming down the stairs right now... Wait! Don't look; he's looking over here! I'm going to call him over." Katrina said excitedly. 

"Wait! I don't even know who this guy is!" Sanya exclaimed while still laughing. She was having a great time and was feeling more feisty than usual, but still, Kat and Nat managed to put her in the most uncomfortable situations sometimes. 

"Come on Sanya! You're always so much bolder when you're drunk! I promise he's hot," Natalie begged. "...Fine!" she said giving into her friends. 

"You won't regret this" Natalie grinned as she walked away excitedly. "Seriously Sanya, he's so freaking hot." Katrina pressed. 

"I'll be the judge of that," She said and she clinked her glass with Katrina and winked at her as they took another shot of whiskey. She was starting to feel a little more than tipsy.

As much as she hated to admit it, when she drank, she reached a point where all the worries left her brain and happiness came in the form of friends and spilled secrets. She never knew her limits though; she was always searching for the high that came with Reeve. She would always be on the cusp of feeling like she did that night, but it would never come, and she would never allow herself to become out of control searching for it. 

"Sanya... This is Ian." Natalie beamed as she walked up behind her and Katrina, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Sanya swallowed and instantly got nervous as she turned around, it was the guy she had seen this morning! She smiled up at him, as he looked shocked at first then chuckled softly to himself. Natalie and Katrina looked at each other, confused. 

"Hi, I'm Ian." He smirked, shaking his head in defeat as he held out his hand. 

"Hi, I'm Sanya," she grinned as she shoved an empty shot glass in his hand. 

"Welcome to my birthday party," she said with a knowing smile and he laughed, making her stomach flip.

Natalie and Katrina couldn't hold in their curiosity, "Do you two know each other?" Natalie asked, looking between the two of them. 

"We ran into each other this morning and I invited the birthday girl to her own party," Ian explained looking sheepish. They all laughed and Sanya looked at Katrina, silently begging her to stay. 

"Well what a coincidence! Natalie and I are going to go check on the other guests," Katrina said as she looked at Sanya with a grin. 

"You two have fun!" She called as she dragged Natalie away.

"So, Sanya, is it?" he asked, she nodded. "That's a beautiful name," he stated. 

"Thank you. My parents never really explained how they picked it. But I know it means dreamer." She rambled. What was she even saying?