The Reiner Ending

Three years. Three whole years have passed since our long battle to erase Titans forever. A battle people have called "The Battle of Heaven and Earth."

A lot happened after everything came to an end. Along with Mikasa leaving, makeshift tents began getting set up as fast as possible. Connie and Jean left to go find their mothers, and I was swiftly introduced to Reiner's mom, Karina.

She told me that Reiner had told her a lot about me, after he had returned home after leaving us, which embarrassed him. She admitted that despite hating anything Paradis related, like she used to, she still wanted to meet me, since her son talked about me so much.

She went on to apologize for everything that happened, saying that she couldn't apologize enough to atone for everything Marley had done.

I assured her that I forgave her, just as I forgave her son. It wasn't like I could go back and change anything anyway. I'd still remember everything, yes, but I wasn't going to settle on it and hold grudges.

This lead to her crying and thanking me for finding it in my heart to forgive them. She also told me that if I ever needed anything to come to her and she'd help me out to the best of her ability, which I really appreciated.

After the meeting, Reiner and I left to help pitch up some tents, which really gave us the time to talk. What about? Well, just about anything, but mainly plans on what possibly to do now that we lived in a Titan-free world.

The discussion of marriage and kids eventually came up, which caused us to hardly be able to look each other in the eye. I wanted to get married and have kids, of course I did, but where would I find the time to find a man and settle down with him? Especially after the battle we just had.

Turns out I found it right with the man I was speaking about it with: Reiner.

Despite feeling like another older brother to me years ago, he no longer felt like that to me. I genuinely felt more...drawn to him, especially the more time we spent together.

And I knew how he felt about me. He admitted that his feelings only grew stronger, even more so during his time away from us. So...we figured why not give it a shot? That shot was very successful.

Three years later, we're on a boat with everyone, including our kids. We had a set of twins, two girls, named Rose and Ruby. They are about to turn 3 in a few days. I was pregnant with them practically right after we were married.

Then, we have a son, named Hoover, after Bertolt of course. He is 1 and a half and he sure is growing like a little weed, much faster than the twins did.

We're currently riding back from meeting up with Mikasa. We visit multiple times a year, but today's occasion marks the day Titans went extinct three years ago. We always go and see her on this day. We also had Historia's letter to give to her to read.

Reiner and I are temporarily away from the others, trying to get the twins to sleep in one of the small rooms on this boat. They've been a bit cranky since we left Mikasa. I know it's because they're tired though. While we're doing this, we left Hoover in Armin's care since he woke up from his long nap.

"Will a story make you two go to sleep?" Reiner asks, almost pleading.

"Yes!" They both exclaim, finally settling down under the blanket.

I barely sit on the edge of the bed. "What kind of story do you want?"

"How you meet daddy, mommy?" Ruby questions.

"Ooo! Me want to know too." Rose chimes in.

"Uh..." I look at Reiner. "Well..."

We don't try to bring up anything related to Titans, that includes us being Scouts, which we practically grew up in. So, this may be a little bit dif-