1: one stormy night

Crimp sighed as she pulled to the evidence hall, the rain pounding against her windows as she let out a deep sharp breath at what she was about to do.

Her previous boss; Verene Vespertine (his birth name) or Veneer Greene as everyone knew him as with his stage name had rung her line offering to wire her money if she had collected something precious to him from the evidence depository. Crimp sighed as her brand new position as a police officer was the reason why Veneer even hit her phone in the first place; he knew she had access to some random item he wanted.

A decomposing fucked up Troll doll, one where the rumors were about ex Serial Killer Floyd Broxone possessing the doll, continuing his murdering spree within his felt and silicone tomb.

Crimp saw those interviews with his brothers where they sobbed wondering where they went wrong with that one; his killing spree started with his father, drowning him in the river before moving onto his brother John Dory; using the stage lights above John's performance to crush him into paste.

After those two, the killings became sporadic; absolute blood baths with no rhythm or reason; almost like a child just slamming their fists into a piano just doing it for the thrill of an outcry from the observers.

Why the glitzy overrated washed up pop star wanted it beat her however he was offering a heavy price for it; 6k if she brings the doll to him relatively unscathed.

The kaching of dollar signs rung through her consciousness as she got out of her cop cruiser, keys in her tanned grip as she strolled right into the building.

As soon as she glanced around confirming to be entirely alone, Crimp uses her index finger to press a large red button, causing the barred door to slide open with an electronic hum, reminding her of a bug zapper humming at night waiting for mosquitoes to meet their maker.

Before she entered she took another glance over her shouider to make sure the coast is clear, after all if she were caught doing this, her ass was grass and she'd be fired on the spot.

Upon her second inspection looking clear, She hurries into the depository. Clutching a unmarked large envelope that she had taken from the most recent cold case; hoping to swap the two as a means to cover her tracks.

If she fucked this up ,not only she would lose her job but Veneer would buy someone to 'take care' of her. He was a wash up but he certainly still had the money to do whatever the fuck he pleased; even buying police evidence.

Veneer was still that spoiled brat she used to be an assistant for, throwing money wherever problem seemed to ailing him in that moment; like his yacht was too big and extravagant, she remembered how He ordered a custom-made miniature replica to sail around in instead.

Crimp grimaced as she recalled his Pouting that his pampering spa treatments were too relaxing and soothing, so he demanded to only be massaged with cold seaweed and mud instead, firing the masseuse making her take up the task. She still remembers the days where she used to have to order him silk and satin pajamas only for it to be thrown back in her face because they weren't mulberry silk.

Crimp still hates how she knows Mulberry silk is produced by silkworms that feed on a diet of exclusively mulberry leaves, resulting in a smooth and fine silk fiber that is known for its luxurious feel and sheen. His favorite type of silk was highly sought after for its softness, durability, and hypoallergenic properties she's picked up from Veneer's long whiny explanations that usually ended up with her wallet getting bigger and her temper becoming shorter.

She was glad he was arrested for tax evasion and even snickered at his mugshot which was him blowing a sultry kiss at the camera. If she remembers correctly he got arrested when he was 17 and released when he was 22.