Season 2 Chapter 3 - Emergency Meeting & Excalibur

After the Devil Council session was adjourned, Lucias asked everyone to meet at the ORC in the morning before classes started to inform them of the events that occurred in the Council the previous night.

ORC Clubhouse - 07:00

All three peerages had gathered in the clubhouse as they were waiting for Issei to tell them what had happened the night before.

Issei: Morning everyone, I'm sorry for calling you all in this early, but I believe you should know what happened in Council yesterday.

Sona: It's okay, but yeah what happened.

Rias: I'm curious as to what happened if you had to call in a meeting this early.

Valiana: The main topic was me so I wonder how did it go.

Issei: Well ,Rias your uncle was demanding that I hand over Vali which he was gathering support from the other councillors.

Rias: What was your response to that?

Issei: I basically embarrassed him on several issues, such as the Arranged Marriages, the Genocide of the Nekomata & Nekoshou Races. Kuroka, Koneko do expect Youkai-Shinto investigation into that soon enough. Then there was the Mistreatment of Low-Class & Mid-Class Reincarnated Devils, then there's the Holy Maidens issue, which if you can guess does involve Asia, but they really looked nervous when I mentioned the previous Governor of Kuoh.

Sona: I was wondering what had happened to our predecessor.

Issei: It's a complicated situation which would take me time to explain in full detail, but the kicker is that not even the Maous knew about it till I mentioned it.

Rias: Huh you really put him through the ringer.

Issei: That's not all.

Vali: What else did you bring up.

Issei: Though it was a low blow, I brought up the issue of Sairaorg and how he was expelled from the clan along with his mother for not possessing the Power of Destruction, something totally out of his own control.

But that wasn't even the worst part.

Akeno: What was it then?

Issei: It was when I questioned how he knew I had Vali under my protection cause as far as I know only the Maous knew about it , which meant that there's an agent placed close to my vicinity who had been feeding them information and how Vali was discovered.

Tsubaki: That's troublesome since outside of sanctioned events and between heads of Clans, no Household is allowed to interfere with another in any sort of way whatsoever.

Issei: That's what I raised and they were sweating, I even asked Zekram about it, since this order was decreed by the First Devil King Lucifer, that no Household can interfere with another.

Sona: How did they respond?

Issei: He couldn't, that's the worst part, nil justification, what you know is that Bael is the house that is ranked number 1 in the underworld, correct?

Rias: That is true.

Vali: But that ranking is wrong, by a long shot.

Kiba: What do you mean Vali?

Issei: She means that the Lucifuge Clan, is the number 1 House in the underworld, it doesn't really matter whether the clan is in the 72 Pillars or not, that's always been the case. As the house closest to Lucifer, it always had stark measure and distinction from the rest of the underworld.

Momo: And by messing with the Lucifuge Clan......

Tsubaki: Lord Bael indirectly messed with the Lucifer, both in name/ruling, Sirzechs and the Clan, in this case the head would be Vali.

Issei: Correct on that, there's a reason why Aunt Grayfia wasn't forced into an arranged marriage from the very start and it was because of that distinction that she was the last living descendant of that house, until Millicas was born and I was unsealed.

Sona: So what happened after that argument, I'm guessing it wasn't really pretty?

Issei: Lord Bael was arrested for contravening the Devil Kings Orders as well as interfering with another Household, a trial date is set to be announced soon.

Rias: What's the penalty for that?

Issei: It ranges, but it can get to stripping of rank & exile from the clan & underworld and since in this case it involved Vali its guaranteed, they are now looking for accomplices and they'll also start looking into the incidents that I mentioned as well. They also took away the Council's decision making power and autonomy

Rias: I see then, basically they can't do anything without direct input from the Maous at this point 

Issei: Yes.

Sona: Hmmmm, interesting, I guess that covers everything right?

Issei: Yeah it does, we can all go to class.

Timeskip - 10 Hours Later

Everyone had finished with school for the day and had done their contracts and Devil duty and had mostly had gone home. We find Kiba walking in Kuoh as he travels home as well.

Kiba: It's been a good day, hopefully tomorrow goes the same as well.

As he's walking home he finds an exorcist running towards him.

Exorcist: Please help me!!!!

Kiba: An Exorcist! Why should I?

The retreating Exorcist is cut down by a familiar face to the Gremory Knight.

Freed: Heya shitty Devil!!

Kiba: Freed! I thought you'd get the message from when Issei ragdolled you!

Freed: I'm back! Hahaha, get ready to face my Excalibur!!!!!!

Kiba's expression darkened as Freed mentioned he had Excalibur.

Kiba: That cursed blade, to think it would come here of all places, I can finally get my revenge.

Freed: Here I come !!!!

Kiba: Sword Birth!

The two swordsmen dueled with their blades , with Freed cutting Kiba, it was at that point that Issei & Vali, who were walking around saw the duel and rushed to the knights aid.

Issei: Kiba!!

Freed: Oh that guys here,  see ya soon, hahaha!

Freed used a smoke bomb to get away from the Lucifer & Lucifuge.

Vali: You okay?

Kiba: I'm fine, just leave me, I've remembered the reason why I fight.

Issei: What?

It was at that point that Kiba left the two behind , Issei called Rias about what had happened, she was infuriated ,but told Issei to leave him for now..

SC- Abandoned Church

????: Seems like there was a big battle here, are you sure about this Irina??

Irina: Sure I am Xenovia, I lived here when I was younger, plus we need the Devils permission to operate here.

Xenovia: Yeah, I hope they won't get in our way.

Irina: Plus I've wanted to see Ise-kun for a while, we promised each other that we'd see one another.

Xenovia: I see......