Chapter 5

ASH POV
When I woke up, I was in some type of inmary. I looked around for Percy. Thankfully, he was in the bed next to me. The blond girl was spoon feeding him something that looked like pudding. I went to get up but felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder. Oh, I got takolde by a huge dog. I kind of forgot about that. I looked over, and the blonde was asking Percy a lot of questions.

He passed out again for a bite. The next time Percy woke up, the girl was gone and in her place was a guy who had eyes all over his body. When Percy finally came around for good, we were sitting in deckchairs on a huge deck. The breeze smelled like strawberries. A brink that looked like apple juice sat next to Percy, I also had some. Percy tried to drink his but almost dropped it. Thankfully, Grover helped him.

I looked over at Grover. He looked the same except for the bright orange T-shirt that said CAMP HALF-BLOOD. Grover gave Percy a box that had a black-and-white bull's horn. He said that he went back up the hill to get it, and it was the least he could do since Percy saved his life. It was part of a Minotaur horn. Grover then dropped a huge domd shell.. we been out for two days, and Sally was infant dead. I looked across the meadow. There were groves of trees, a winding stream, and acres of strawberries. The valley was surrounded by rolling hills, and the tallest one right in front of us had a huge pine tree. It felt like an insult to be someplace so beautiful without Sally.

PERCY POV
Grover apologized and said he was the worst satyr in the world. Then, he stopped his foot so hard the fake one came off. That meant it wasn't a bad dream, and my mom was really gone. That meant I was stuck with Smelly Gade... No, I would rather live on the street. At least I would have Ash. I know he would rather live on the street than with his dad and stepmother. Grover was still sniffing. I felt bad for him.
"It wasn't your fault," I said.
"Yes, it was. I was supposed to protect you and Ash."
"Did my mother ask you to protect us?"
"No. But that's my job. I'm a keeper. At least... I was."

I was going to ask him something when I suddenly felt dizzy. He helped me drink something that tasted like my mom's homemade blue chocolate-chip cookies. Before I knew it, the glass was empty. Grover asked me how I felt, and I told him like I could throw Nancy a hundred yards. He smiled and said, "That's good." He told me that Chiron and Mr.D are waiting. The porch wrapped all the way around the farmhouse. My legs were wobbly walking that far. Grover offered to carry the Minotaur horn, but I held onto it. I got it the hard way, so I'm not letting it go. As we came around the opposite end of the house, I caught my breath. We must've been on the north shore of Long Island.

3RD PERSON
The valley marched all the way up to the water. The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture. There was a volleyball pit, an archery range, and a forest. There are also horses with wings. They went to where the blond and Mr.Brunner were. Another man was also there. He must be Mr.D. He also looked like one of Gabe's poker buddies and no stranger to alcohol. So Percy saved as far away as he could. Grover introduced the blonde girl as Annabeth Chase.

Apparently, Mr.Brunner was the legendary trainer of heroes Chiron. He asked her to check on Percy and Ash's bunks in cabin 11. Before she left, she told Percy he drool in his sleep. Ash laughed at that. After she left, Chiron explained everything to Ash and Percy. A while later, Mr.D whent going to talk to Grover privately. Ash and Percy were worried, and Chiron told them that Mr.D wasn't that mad. When he got from his wheelchair his bottom half was that of a white horse. He then told them to follow him and meet the other campers.

AN: Sorry for the short chapter