Chapter 12

ASH POV
That night sucked. We were camping in the woods not too far from the main road. The clearing we are in is marshy and clearly used for parties. Since there is litter everywhere. We have taken a few blankets and some food from Aunty Em's. However we didn't start a fire because we didn't want to attract any attention. So we were cold in our damp clothes. We are going to sleep in shifts with Percy taking the first watch. Annabeth fell asleep as soon as her head hit the ground. Grover and Percy were talking about how humans are piloting the Earth. He is not wrong.

Mason was sitting by me on a blanket. He didn't say anything as he put a bag of chips on my lap. I opened the bag and ate a few before getting an idea. I put my left hand on my right shoulder and closed my eyes. I focused on the injury, sending a bit of magic there. It was weird being able to feel the injury closing but I still stayed focused. Once that shoulder was done I did the same thing to the other. It felt nice to not be in constant pain. However healing does take a lot of energy. I soon found myself fitting to stay awake. I finally gave up and closed my eyes.

I woke up and noticed that I was in the same room where I met my mom. She got off her throne and made her way over to me. Hecate stopped when she was right in front of me and spoke. "The lighting bolt was not stolen by how you thought it was." So it wasn't Hades. Then who could it be? Before I could say anything she vanished a cloud of purple mist. When I woke up the sun was barely coming up and everyone else was still asleep. I started to fiddle with my charm necklace, a habit that I have seemed to have gotten into. I am confused about why she just visited my dream to tell me something then leave. I was mad that she didn't tell me anything else. On the flip side I was happy because that was the best intention I had with someone who is one of my parents. Even if the visit was short it still felt nice.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I saw Grover was up. He asked if I wanted to explore and I figured why not. I got up and followed Grover not before looking back at the other three that were still sleeping. Shaking my head I picked up my pace to keck with Grover.

3RD PERSON
Ash and Grover walked around the area near their campsite. That was until Grover stopped, causing Ash to dump into him. "Grover, why did you stop?" Ash asked with a huff. Ash then looked over Grover's shoulder to see a pink poodle sitting there. To Ash's surprise.. not Grover started to talk to it. After a few seconds Grover turned to Ash. "Gladiola said that he could help us get train tickets." Grover said with a smile. "Gladiola?" Ash asked, confused. "Gladiola is his name. Grover explained. Ash just nodded his head. "We should head back. The others are probably wondering where we are." Ash said in a tired voice. "Yha, we should. Your boyfriend is probably worried about you." Grover's tone was playful with a teasing smile. "Grover! That's gross, Percy is practically like my brother!" Ash exclaimed. "I'm not talking about Percy." Grover then started to walk away.

Ash quickly followed behind, his face bright red. When they got back to their camp, Annabeth and Mason were awake while Percy was still sleeping. Unfortunately Ash's face was still bright red, which caused the other two to give him a questioning look. "Why is Ash's face so red?" Mason asked while Ash was still trying to stop blushing. Before Grover could say anything he felt someone kick his shin. He looked over to see Ash giving him a glare. Now Mason and Annabeth really want to know what happened. "I will tell you two later." Grover said while moving away from Ash.

ASH POV
I sighed before going and shaking Percy awake. When he woke up he looked scared. Which worried me a lot, before I could say anything Annabeth spoke. "Well the zombie lives." Percy was trembling for whatever dream he had. "How long was l asleep?" Percy finally asked. "Long enough for me to cook breakfast." Annabeth then throws a bag of chips at him. "And Grover and Ash went exploring. Look, they found a friend." I could tell that Percy was having a hard time getting his eyes to focus. Grover was sitting on the ground with Gladiola in his lap. Grover told Percy the Gladiola was for ticket west and he had to be nice. I found that amusing and I could tell Mason did too. I really think he should smile more. But I would never tell him that because he would probably punch me or something. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Annabeth give me a smirk like she knows something I don't. Shaking my head I turned my attention back to Grover and Percy.

Percy asked Grover if he could talk to animals but Grover ignored him. Which was rude. "Percy, meet Gladiola. Gladiola, Percy." Grover said as he introduced them to each other. Percy and I looked over at Annabeth to see if this was some joke they were playing. She looked really serious. So I guess Grover really can talk to animals. That really doesn't surprise me. "I'm not saying hello to a pink poodle," Percy said. "Forget it." I silently agree that I was stupid to say hi to a poodle. "Percy", Annabeth said. "I said hello to the poodle. You say hello to the poodle. You two Ash and Mason." Gladiola growled. Percy and I said hello. Mason just gave a small wave. Grover then went on to explain how he and I came across Gladiola in the woods.

Apparently the poodle ran away from a rick local family, who'd posted a $200 reward for his return. Gladiola didn't want to go back but was willing to if it meant helping Grover. Percy asked how Gladiola knew about the reward. Grover told him he read the signs like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I rolled my eyes and let out a huff. "So we turn in Gladiola, " Annabeth explained "we get money, and we buy tickets to Los Angeles. Simple." "Not another bus," Percy said warily. Annabeth agreed. She then pointed downhill toward train tracks. That we were able to see last night in the dark. "There's an Amtrak station half a mile that way. According to Gladiola, the westbound train leaves at noon." I was so happy to finally leave the marshy forest.