Chapter 1.

Miracle POV

Living with my parents is so depressing, I'm 20 years old and tired of getting treated like a child. I have my own job, own car that's paid for and I'm currently doing college classes online. The reason I'm doing college classes online is because of my parents. They were afraid for me to leave them. It's like they control my life and I'm getting fed up. I know my job doesn't pay much but I have everything that I've ever wanted. I used to love being the only child, but once you're older it gets boring because you want to be independent and not have your parents holding your hand every step you take.
It's the middle of September so it's gonna start getting cold out soon and my birthday is October 15th. I plan on going to the club for my birthday and moving out the next day. Moving out is the gift that I want from my parents, Miranda and John.

I'm driving home from work and notice a unfamiliar car in the driveway where I'm usually parked. So I parked my Jeep in front on the house on the curb. When I walked in the house I got a whiff of weed so I know it's one of my dad friends that's here. That's the only time when my dad smoke is when his friends are over. I walked into the kitchen and there his hungry ass friend was all up in our refrigerator. He looked young so I don't understand why he's hanging out with my dad. He was actually cute. He stood about 5'11, light skin complexion, perfect teeth and a nice dimple with dreads. The way he dressed made him even more cute. He didn't even speak, he just raped my body with his eyes which made me a little uncomfortable. He smirked at me then took the whole gallon of orange juice and walked off.

*knock knock*
"Come in" I yelled. That's one thing I like about my parents they give me my privacy they don't just bust through my door without knocking. My dad came in my room with a big smile on his face. If he's happy, I'm happy too so I take my earbuds out to listen to what he has to say. "Guess what?" He asked. "Umm, you got a check?" We paused then I started bursting out laughing at the guess that I came up with because money doesn't excite my dad. My dad starting cracking up laughing as well, I can tell he was high cause he was laughing uncontrollably and his eyes were low. We calmed down and his face got serious as he opened his mouth to speak. "I'm not suppose to tell you until your birthday but me and your mom gonna let you move out on your own." I blushed so hard and yelled thank you. I hugged my dad so tight, he don't know how excited I am! He let me go and looked me in my eyes and said "Now look Miranda, this ain't as easy as you think it is. Don't get out here and start doing stupid shit. I love you to death and I don't want nothing bad to happen to you." I frowned. "Daddy, you're just nervous, calm down. Nothing is gonna happen to me, I promise-" he cut me off, he hate when people make promises to him. He always say promises are only meant to be broken. "I love you Miracle, and dinner is almost done so come on downstairs." I smiled. "I love you too daddy."
I've always been more close to my daddy than I was with my mama I know, weird right? I mean, me and my mama are close too but just not like my daddy. My mama gets jealous sometimes and me and my dad thinks it's funny.
__________________________

I know this chapter is probably a little boring, I just didn't wanna keep you guys waiting any longer. Feel free to comment your opinions, or things you think I should add or whatever. Check out the pic of Miranda lol no wonder her parents kept her in the nest. What about her dad friend, what was he doing hanging with her dad? AND I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT.
-Kaeyona