Chapter 4: Moving Away From Canon Events

I'm pretty sure we already deviated from suburani's plot last chapter but this chapter is for sure not canon. Specifically the sabina portion, which is the first story entirely written by me with nothing from the suburani chapters. Everything following this chapter will be like that as we switch over to the plot I have planned for this book. 

PSA I don't believe, condon, nor endorse any misogynist things that come out of alexander's ugly mouth. I wrote it trying to make him as bad as I could. it does not reflect any of my personal ideals. leave this book respecting women 

Familia alexandria and pater anxius ch 16

3rd person pov

"Maelo! Alexander is here!" Hettia, Alexander's mom, called out to her husband. However Maelo could not hear his wife because of how noisy the workshop was. Male slaves and two of Maelo's sons were making bricks and taking them to the wagon. Maelo was carefully inspecting a brick. Finally he asked "what my darling? Alexander is away? Where did he go?" Hettia rolled her eyes, "No Maelo! Alexander isn't away! He returned and has a large important message to tell us. "Ah! That Artist!" whispered one of the brothers to the other brother. "We know him well. Surly alexander wont beg dad for more money" the two brothers giggled quietly. "Boys!" Hettia said disapprovingly, "get back to work". "Sorry mom" the two replied, still smiling.

"Mom!" called one of Alexander's two sisters, "what do you think Alexander's news is?" Hettia gently placed her hand on her daughter's head. "I don't know sweetly, we'll find out tomorrow"

Alexander's pov

The bright early morning sun illuminates the street as I walk to my family's workshop. I rub my hands together, the air not yet warmed by the sun's rays. Today's the day! Today is the day I tell my family I want to marry Sabina! My heart jumps in my chest as I arrive at the door, from nerves or excitement I can't tell. I grip the doorknob, taking one last breath before finally pulling it open.

The smell of bricks hit me immediately followed by the loud noise of heavy carts moving across the room. My mom, Hettia, was the first to notice my arrival. "Alexander! We've missed you, how was your time in Gaul?" she said, pulling me in for a hug. My sisters, Jessica and Aurora [I couldn't find their cannon names or the ones for the brothers] followed closely behind. Jessica grabs both my hands, her hands soft except the calluses on the tips of her fingers from years of weaving fabric. "So you gonna tell us the big news?" she whines as she shakes my arms up and down, "please i'm dying to know!" "please please please!!" Aurora joins in, equally excited. "It was fine mom" I answered looking above my sisters heads at my mom standing off to the side. My father, Maelo, appears next to her, covered in a thick layer of brick dust. I smile, noticing the females in my family haven't been forced to help making bricks. They would get hurt doing a man's job. An arm wraps around my shoulder. "Hey little bro, how much money are you gonna ask for?" my brother Marcus said, smirking. "Marcus!" mom scolded, giving him a solid slap on the back of the head. "I'm not here for money," I said, watching Consus, my other brother, pull off Jessica who was still clinging to my hand. "Mom. dad. Can you join me over here?'' I asked, gesturing to the group of four chairs in the corner. I wipe the sweat that had begun to pool on my hands on my toga. "Sure sweetie" said mom pulling my father over to the group of chairs. Consus pushes our siblings out of the room to give us space. Though I have no doubt the four of them won't listen in from behind the wall.

Silence fills the once bustling workshop as both my parents wait patiently for what I have to say next. I take a deep breath, letting the nostalgically dusty air fill my lungs. "I.... I want to marry a girl I met, Sabina '' My Mother's face lights up, rivaling the early morning sun. a large smile spreading from ear to ear. My father on the other hand, face faltered, a shadow of anxiety growing across it. Then the flood gates opened. "What kind of girl is sabina? Where does she come from? Who is her father?" stress dripped off every one of my fathers questions. If I had to pick one thing I didn't like about my dad is his feminine qualities he takes on when it comes to taking care of us. It's the woman's job to worry about who her son is marrying, it's the man's to worry about his daughter. Not the other way around. Poor Sabina with her father gone without me she'd be without a strong masculine presence in her life. She'd be forced to face the world as the weaker sex, unprotected.