iv. everybody loves pretty

CHAPTER FOUR.
_____________

"you had it figured out since you were in school
everybody loves pretty,
everybody loves cool"

- the lucky one, taylor swift
_____________

Scrubbing the dried queso from her favorite bowl, Addie was thinking over the offer she'd been given earlier that day.

"I already spoke with the Russo brothers too, they said they'd be fine with you taking up a small role," Elizabeth persuaded Adelaide from over the phone. "Plus, everyone new wants to meet you."

"I don't know, Lizzie," Adelaide shook her head as she scratched her eyebrow. "I've only ever done one project and that was a small role. Not to mention it was four years ago."

"They know that, Addie." Elizabeth stressed the point, "You'd literally be paid to hang out with friends."

"Yeah, but what if I'm a bother or get in the way, or if they only agreed because you want it-,"

"I promise you, it wasn't even my idea. Hemsworth suggested it and everyone else said they'd vouch for you." Elizabeth assured her, and Adelaide could feel herself swaying towards a yes.

"I'll think about it, okay."

"REALLY?" Liz's voice bursted from the phone.

"Yes, I will think about it."

"Okay well if you need any more of a push, you'd finally get to join the group chat," Addie could hear Lizzie's smile from the other end.

"Okay, well I have a busy day so I have to go, but I'll let you know in the next few days," she promised.

"Okay, be safe babe. I love you."

"I love you too."

Adelaide smiled as she thought back to the phone call, really trying to visualize herself as an actress in a Marvel movie. It's not like it'd be a huge headlining role, just a background role, maybe with a few lines. But still, she smiled as she pictured herself picking back up the career she'd dreamed about as a girl.

"Hey," Aveline greeted as she opened the door.

"Hey, Ava, how was it?" Adelaide asked, snapping out of her daydream. Aveline had an interview for a nurse job, finally trying to pay off all the college and nursing school debt.

"It was really good," Aveline smiled. "I honestly think I got it."

"Really?" Addie set the finally clean bowl down and washed her hands clean. "That's great!"

"Yeah," Ava laughed. "Would it be too soon to celebrate, do you think?"

"It's never too early for a drink." Adelaide said with a sigh, picturing a fruity margarita in her grasp.

"Hey, we should invite Lizzie," Ava smiled.

"Yes, definitely," Adelaide's smile grew. "I'll text her."

wantabreakfromtheads
LIZZIE

queen elizabeth👸🏼
WJAT