Chapter 23: Business trip

Hillary

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, my hair and make up was a mess.
WTF did just happened?

"There's a bathroom on your left, you can clean yourself up in there" he said after I got dressed.
I walked to the bathroom door in his office without saying a word.

After taking a quick shower I fixed my hair and makeup and walked out.
When I stepped into his office, he was gone.
I rushed out of his office, I didn't want to see him.

Once I was back into my office I started doing some work.
Looking through his agenda I remember Peggy said that he would be going on a business trip friday, meaning tomorrow.
He always goes on his business trips with Ivan, I doubled checked every details about the flight.
They would be gone for 3 days.
That would make things less awkward for me.

I didn't see him all morning, he had a bunch of meetings to attend.
Ivand had to attend too so I went to grab lunch by myself.
Camila texted to remind me that it was Johnathan's birthday tomorrow.
Johnathan was Camila's bestfriend although he was gay, you wouldn't spot it right away.
We planned to go out tomorrow night to celebrate his birthday.
Over the past few weeks I created a strong bond with Jonathan.

When I returned from my lunch break I noticed Jianni didn't return to his office.
I figured he was still in a meeting.
My desk phone started going off, it was a reporter that wanted to interview Jianni and Alexandra and their upcoming wedding.
I told her Jianni was unavailable noted her information so I can get back to her.

I was so busy with work and didn't noticed that it was almost 7 o'clock.
I turned off my laptop, grabbed my purse and walked out.
I took a glance into Jianni's office but noticed he didn't return to the office.
Altough I regret what happened this morning a felt a little sad.
Was he avoiding me?

I went home and started packing some clothes. I was planning to move into the penthouse this weekend.
When I finished packing i jumped into bed and fell asleep.

I hadn't heard of Jianni since yesterday.
I glanced on my watch it was almost 12PM so they should be at the airport by now. Their flight was scheduled to departure at 1Pm.
I texted Ivan asking him to please let me know when he arrives.
"Sure will sis" He texted back.

I walked out of my office and spotted a familiar face.
" hey sister law" she said and started walking in my direction.

It was Demi, last time I saw her Jianni introduced me as his fiancee.
"Hi demi, it's so nice to see you again" She threw her hands around my neck pulling me in to a tight hug.
"If your looking for Jianni he's not here" I said when I managed to release myself from her embrace.
"I came to see you, fool" she laughed.
Me? why me?
"Oh, that's awfully nice of you" I said,she must had noticed my confusion.
"It was really nice to see you again after all these years Hilly"
So she knew who I was. I felt relieved,I didn't need to pretend to be Jianni's fiancee anymore.

" So you knew?" I asked her.
She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Well not right away, girl you cleaned up nice, no offense" she said smiling.

She then explained that after Amelia posted my photo on instagram she pretty much figured it out.
" You do know that we are not engaged right?" I wanted to make it clear to her.
" Ofcourse fool, I knew Jianni was goofing around, but I played along, besides he's already eng..." she paused.
She was talking about Alexandra.
"Engaged to Alexandra" I finished her sentence.
She nodded, "I would rather have you as a sister in law" she said.

I invited Demi to have lunch with me.
We catched up, and had a really nice time.
We agreed to meet soon before she gives birth and to bring Amelia along with us.

After lunch I returned to the office and imediately started working.
I glanced at my watch it was almost 6PM.
I noticed a text from Ivan informing me that they arrived safely to Boston.
I grabbed my things and headed home.

I started to get ready, Camila was going to pick me up.
I wanted to get wasted so driving wasn't an option tonight.
Camila texted to inform me that she was nearby, I ran downstairs said bye to mom and headed outside.

We went to have dinner at a nice restaurant.
Johnatan wanted everyone to wear white, so everybody at our table was wearing white.
" Wow girl" Johnatan said when I gulped down my third glass of champagne.
Food didn't even arrive yet but I was filling alcohol into my system.

I needed to forget about Jianni.
How could he do that to me, he fucked my and dissapeared. He didn't had the decency to face me. I was done with him.
I was starting to feel tipsy so I started dancing to the background music of tge restaurant, Johnatan joined me.
We were having a blast.

After dinner we went to a club.
She did some round of shots and headed to the dancefloor.
I was having the time of my life, but most importantly I wasn't thinking of Jianni.

We were all pretty drunk when we left the club. So we decided to call an uber to bring us home.
The uber driver had to stop multiple times for me to throw up.
When I arrived home, I was stumbling.
I crawled up the stairs, trying not to wake mom up.
I didn't want her to find me like this.
When I finally managed to get in my room, I jumped in to my bed and fell asleep imediately.