most important meal of the day

ISABELLA DIAZ

ISA LOOKED herself in the mirror one last time, smoothing out the lacy white top and grey sweatpants before putting her phone and keys in her pockets and running down the stairs. She'd left Paige waiting long enough.

Paige looked up as her footsteps slowed and Isa's cheeks burned under the blonde's gaze. Paige looked her up and down before smiling cheekily.

"Dining hall or restaurant?" she asked Isa as the two headed towards the door. Isa shrugged. "Show me around, Bueckers. I haven't been here in years."

Paige gave her an expectant look and Isa tossed her the keys to her car, locking the door behind her. She headed towards her car, Paige behind her. Before she could reach for the handle, Paige had already opened the door for her, gesturing into the seat. Isa shook her head, smiling at the blonde.

"My turn to be the lady." Paige winked as she rounded the car to the other side, leaving Isa's cheeks bright red behind her. What was happening to her? It was just Paige Bueckers.

As Paige entered the car and settled in next to Isa, her phone started to ring. Isa took it out of her pocket, wondering who it was.

cait clarkson 💛🖤 is facetiming you!

accept \ decline

She quickly showed Paige and the blonde nodded, smiling softly at how excited Isa looked. Caitlin's face filled Isa's screen as her body filled with joy. She had missed Caitlin, no matter how much she tried not to admit it. The girl had kept her grounded, reminding her through everything that it didn't matter what happened, as long as she still loved the game. 

Paige looked over at Isa's screen to snort at the look on Cait's face.

"Ahhh, I missed you!" Caitlin exclaimed, grinning wide at Isa. She reciprocated with a joyful smile. "I missed you too, Clark. Are those some gray hairs I'm seeing though?"

Caitlin gasped in mock offense, rolling her eyes. "Look at you, back to normal." Isa shrugged. "I guess all I needed was fresh air and some time away from you." Caitlin shook her head, exasperated.

"Hey, Clark. How you been?" Isa tilted the phone Paige's way as she Paige tilted her hand up in a wave. "Pretty good. Practicing to beat you this year." Cait smirked at the blonde as the two had their friendly rivalry fired up. Isa knew she'd like seeing this play out.

"As if, Clark. You couldn't beat me then, you won't beat me now." Paige taunted. Caitlin cocked her head at the girl, as if to say 'really?'. Isa watched the two argue.

Caitlin repositioned to put her face in the frame. "As long as you're treating my best friend right, then I'll let that slide." Paige gave Isa a mischievous look, shrugging at Caitlin.

"Oh don't worry. She's about to get the full UCONN experience." Isa smiled at her words, facing her phone back to her face.

"I'll talk to you later Cait, yeah?" Caitlin gave her a thumbs up. "Love you, bye!"

"Love you too, don't be a stranger!"

Isa hung up, putting her phone away as Paige started the car. She turned toward Isa, putting a hand on her seat as she backed out. That was hot. Isa shook her head, getting rid of the thought. Sure, she liked girls. But no way did she like Paige Bueckers.