you're a liar

MELISSA ISABELLA DIAZ

"YOU LIED TO ME." Paige uttered with disbelief. Isa's heart hurt the moment she looked Paige, the moment she saw that torn up look in her eyes. She regretted it, all of it, even coming here in the first place. She knew it would be a mistake.

"Why would you lie to me, Isa? Melissa? What do I call you!?" Paige yelled, pulling her shirt up to her face, tugging on her blonde roots as she stormed off. Isa followed, desperately chasing after her.

"Paige, please! I can explain!" she called after the girl, her mind blank as she thought of how to fix this. She really screwed up.

Paige turned around, Isa slamming the house door behind her. The blonde looked torn up, probably between running away and screaming her heart out.

"What's your name?" Paige's voice cracked as she asked her.

Isa took a deep breathe, sighing as she realized what would come out of her mouth. She knew it couldn't be a lie this time. "Melissa Isabella Diaz."

Paige's tone was flat now. "And why were you touring MY school?"

Isa knew she had to tell the truth. But she didn't know what to say.

"Geno was recruiting me."

She knew she said the wrong thing when all Paige did was look at her in shock. "No, Isa. Geno was recruiting me, and Aaliyah, and Nika. He would have TOLD me if he was recruiting you!" her hands gestured furiously as she tugged at her hair.

Isa sighed, picking at her nails nervously. "I was injured most of high school. All my D1 offers went down the drain, and I barely had anyone recruiting me. But Geno was interested."

"No, he wasn't." Paige interrupted.

"He was the best coach that reached out." Isa continued, ignoring Paige, knowing she was speaking out of anger. "So I toured his school. And I loved it."

"Isa, he was recruiting me." Paige snapped.

"But I was scared of failing him, failing myself. I said no. I played elsewhere. I fucked up again, and now-"

"SHUT UP!" Paige screamed, tears welling up in her eyes. "Please, just stop talking! You're lying. You're a liar!" she stormed off towards her house, getting into a car that Isa assumed was hers and driving off.

She really had fucked up.

PAIGE MADISON BUECKERS

Paige couldn't believe this girl. And no matter how much she tried to get Isa out of her head, away from her thoughts, she couldn't. She was obsessed with her, with her eyes, her smile, everything about her. And for some reason, her name rang a bell.

Melissa Diaz.

Melissa Diaz.

Melissa Diaz.

Before Paige could think about her any more than she already had, she was in the parking lot of the Werth Champions Center. And before she could second guess her choice, she had walked inside the gym and put on her spare pair of shoes.

Something inside her felt wrong, misplaced, and she knew it. She ignored it. She challenged some of the boys players to a game. But before she could collect her thoughts, a pop in her knee had her on the ground crying, cursing herself and Melissa Isabella Diaz. 

author's note

its short but more is coming

i just wanted to get the argument out of the way

ALSO thank you so much for 1.5k!!