4.BHAIYA-BACCHE DUO (RO-AKASH)

AUTHOR'S POV:

May 2024

It was a warm evening at Mumbai. As it was an off day, players decided to have an outing. Almost all the players were out except 3-4.

Though it was an off day, Rohit practised in the nets for 1 hour. He was coming back when he heard some noises coming from the hotel reception. He saw Akash talking,no,yelling at someone. Rohit thought it to be some staff member.. He hid himself and tried to listen the conversation,or say, confrontation.

He was not able to hear the conversation as he was at a good distance from them but he managed to hear the last sentence which was louder than usual "jab koi apna kaam dhang se nahi karta,toh mujhse kyun umeed karta hai??"

Akash's statement made Rohit frown..he knew what must have happened to him.

After 5 mins of discussion,Akash said something to staff member which made him smile a little bit..and went away.
Rohit went to the staff member who was a bit relieved.

"Kya hua tha yahan pe?" Rohit asked in his usual tone.
"S-sir,vo... kuch nahi" the staff member shuttered.
"Maine pucha,kya hua tha yahan pe?" Rohit asked in stern voice.
"Sir actually Akash has been eating a lot of junk food from past 3 days. . He asked me to make noodles,or chowmin almost everyday"

Rohit listened very carefully. He was now completely aware of Akash's condition.

"Sir,to be honest i don't mind making him these dishes,but as a sportsperson,it is affecting his health. Today he asked me to bring burger and fried rice into his room. But i did not,instead i send healthy food to his room, because of which he came and yelled at me. I'm sorry sir!"

Rohit patted his back "don't be sorry bhau. You were performing your duty. Its absolutely fine"

"Do one thing,after few minutes,bring Dal-Roti to akash's room'
"But sir h-"
"Maine kaha na, bring it,but after few minutes"
"O-okay"

Rohit nodded and went into his room to keep the practice kit and straightway went to Akash's room'. All the players were out today,that is why it was easy for Rohit to wander freely around the corridors otherwise someone or the other would have clinged onto him.

AKASH'S POV:

I am the worst player in MI history.
Last year,Initially I wasn't given any chances but then Rohit bhaiya supported me and gave me chance in this team and i did a great job indeed. But this year,i wasn't given chances but when i got,i couldn't utilised it properly,and so now i am out of the team,serving drinks. Wow.
This isn't what i had dreamed for. This isn't why i am here.

I said and gulped one more bottle of cold drink,its been the 6th one of the day but i care less. When i am not playing,why should i be concerned about my diet?

As i was going to open one more packet of chips,there was a knock on door. I was damn frustrated because i knew it might be players who must be back from their outing.

"Whoever it is, please go back,i don't want to talk right now" i said in a low voice but enough for the person outside to hear.

"its me,Rohit bhaiya"

Bhaiya.. Rohit bhaiya..he is here!

AUTHOR'S POV;

There was a constant knock on the door while Akash was lost in his own thoughts.
"Why bhaiya has come?", "has he come to comfort me?" 'oh why will he comfort you akash, obviously,he has come to confront you for your performance, remember,for him, his team is his priority' Akash's conscious mocked him