1.3 FAREWELL

16nth may,2024
Around 7:00 pm

The sky above was full of tumultuous, dark and ragged clouds. It was a cold grey evening with a dull sky and threatening rain Black clouds covered the sky and released a sudden shower. Thunder rolled in from the west and rain began to fall.

Just like the weather,there was someone in the restless mood.
He was sitting on his bed, indulge in thoughts when his phone rang.
He saw the caller ID and a faint smile appeared on his lips. He picked up the call.

"Why did you do this?" Person from other side asked.
"What do you mean?" The man asked back.
"Rohit." Person from other side said in a stern voice.
"Virat." Ro replied back in the same style.
"You very well know what i am talking about" virat said.
"what do you want to know?"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I was going to-"
"When? Next year huh?" Virat interrupted Rohit.
"No. After the IPL"
"How you took this decision?"
"Virat,you already know that how things were going here,i did-" virat again interrupted Rohit.
"I am asking 'HOW' you took that decision,not why?! Did you decided it out of impulsivness or frustration?"
"Situation."

Virat sent a video call request to Rohit but he declined.

"Pick it up"
"No."
"Why?"
"I just don't want to"

Virat tried multiple times but each time Rohit declined. He was crying for past 30 minutes which made his eyes red and puffy. He knew it won't take virat a minute to notice.

"PICK. IT. UP." Virat said gritting his teeths. He was clearly losing his control.
"No"
"Please Ro, please"
This time Rohit picked it up. He looked everywhere but at virat.
"Look at me Rohit"
"No"
"Rohit."
"You asked me to pick it up right? I did. Now no more orders"
"Look. At. Me."

Rohit knew it was impossible to win over virat's stubborness,so he looked up at him. Their eyes met.
"Were you crying?" An expected question from virat
"N-no"
"Yes."
"No"
"Yes"
"No".
"Yes"
"Yes"

"Why are you crying?, its completely your decision to leave right? Phir?"
"Tu nahi samjhega virat."
"Smjha na phir"
"I came here in 2011,i am a part of this team since last 13 years and tommorrow i will be playing my last game for this team. Yes they did wronged me, they betrayed me ,but all the love i received in last 13 years,how can i forget that? How can i leave that.....this....is really getting difficult,this was my home,but everything is just over virat,its not the same anymore"
"Calm down Rohit,you have decided this on your own because you know how much it hurts by staying there right?,just take a deep breath and play the game tommorrow,its going to be your last for them,Make it worth remembering atleast".
"Hmm"
"And don't cry,you look more bad" virat teased him
"Shut up"
"Daring huh?"
"Yes,now i am going"
"Where?"
"Its my last day here,just want to feel every bit of it"
Virat nodded understanding Rohit.
"Okay,go but Garden mein mat ghoomna,warna"
"Oh god bye virat" Rohit ended the call before virat could complete the sentence and a light smile appeared on his lips.
"Paagal" he mumbled to himself and got out of his room.

Rohit saw almost all the players watching some movie in the main hall,so he decided not to  disturb them, although some part of him wanted to spend some time with his people.

He roamed around the whole hotel,each and every place reminded him of something.