Chapter 40

OLIVIA

I heard a honk outside my house. I was home alone and didn't expect anyone. Except from...

"Darling!" I heard from outside. I opened the door of my balcony to see who it was. Just to see Alex there. A small smile appeared on me.

"You decided to come?"

"Always coming for you."

I scoffed as I shut the door and went downstairs to open the main door to him. He gave me a kiss the minute he came inside, and I slowly closed the door behind him. It was a soft, loving kiss. The type of kiss lovers give when they haven't seen each other for so long.

I pulled away and I dragged him to my room where my desk and my books were. He sat at my chair, his legs spread open, and his hand at his lap. I raised one eyebrow at him while I was leaning at the door frame, my arms crossed.

"Come... Sit," he said, mentioning his lap. And so I did. I sat on his lap and grabbed my math book. A small fire was burning inside me, and I'm sure he probably felt the same exact fire at his chest too.

Five minutes in, and I already felt something, and this time wasn't that little fire...

"Do you have anything in your pockets?" I asked him, turning my face to look him in the eyes. A small playful smirk came to his face after he chuckled for a bit.

"I don't, Olivia."

"But I feel something..."

A second hesitation and then my face turned red from embarrassment. I hid my face with my hands and looked at my book as if nothing happened. He laughed again.

"Come on, darling... It's not that big a deal," he told me with his calm and sweet tone, his hands at my waist, and he placed me a little better on his lap. "Just forget it and continue explaining your problem; I like hearing your voice."

Butterflies in my stomach. Not just butterflies. A whole zoo of butterflies flying around my stomach.

I sighed. Just then, I took his left arm and placed it gently on my desk. I slowly drew little things on it with my pen. He made me feel so calm... So peaceful. Silence filled the room.

To my surprise, though, he didn't pull out a phone, no. He stayed there. Watching each move I did. His head slightly tilted. Suddenly, his right hand went to my head, and I shut my eyes closed.

"You're such a disappointment. A failure." My dad told me. Harshly. Sharply. With his hands squeezing my head. "Dad, stop!" I yelled, tears rolling down my face. Begging him to stop.

"Darling... Everything's alright there?" Alex's voice made my eyes open, and I realized I was with him.

"Yeah... I just remembered something..." I replied, a hint of sadness in my voice. I took my hand off his. Corner raised one eyebrow at me. He put his left arm above my head to see what I was drawing all this time. A heart with the initials 'A + O' in it. A small smile appeared on him.

"I like it," he said.

My mind was constantly repeating every little thing my family used to do to me, while his left hand continued to caress my hair. He tossed my hair over my shoulder and planted a kiss on my neck.

"You smell good..." he whispered.

My face and my eyes lit up, while a little, genuine yet playful smile came to my lips.

"Thanks..."