Chapter 44

OLIVIA

The calendar displayed the date: "23rd of October, Saturday." A day reserved for our clandestine rendezvous. Innocently, I would visit Alex's office, and he would sweep me away on a secret date. A routine that concealed the truth.

Today, however, I decided to spice things up. I selected a dress meant for special occasions—tight, accentuating every curve, the very curves Alex had explored that unforgettable night. The dress was perfect, not too long but not too short, designed to captivate Mr. Corner.

As I opened the door to his office, Alex was already anticipating my arrival. His eyes roamed over my figure, and he sighed.

"The restaurant date is canceled. We're having it at my place." I raised an eyebrow, curious about the sudden change.

"Why the abrupt shift?" I closed the door with a deliberate lack of noise.

"You have to learn, darling..." Alex stood up, closing the distance between us. His eyes gleamed like a predator eyeing its prey. "...that the moment you decide to tease me, you'll soon regret it." His hands found my hips. "And besides..." His hands slid to my thigh. "...you look absolutely delicious today."

A shiver ran down my spine as his rings brushed against my bare skin. "Alexander Corner, behave," I said, teasingly, inviting the consequences.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied, smirking, as he retreated to his chair. There was something so charming about Alex. 

It reminded me of Hayden Christensen's charm.

With a smile reserved for lovers, I voiced my desires. "What would my absolutely breathtaking lady want this fine afternoon?"

"Well, I'd like to talk to the president... privately."