Chapter 6 - Voice

-- #3RD PERSON

". . .Okay, what the fuck was that?" Dustin spoke up, Mike frowning and looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He frowned, his voice now back to how it usually is.

"That! You're voice!" Dustin pointed out, Mike sitting and looking at him as if he was insane.

"Um. . . Elaborate?" He frowned.

"You're voice when you were talking to that guy, it went all soft and quiet, your voice is never like that. It's normally loud and deep." Dustin pointed out.

"Oh yeah, I thought only I noticed that! Dude, what was that?" Lucas agreed.

"What do you mean!? I didn't do anything!" Mike scowled.

"Why did you talk like that?" Dustin asked once again, Mike looking between the two with a weird look on his face.

"I literally didn't do anything, you both are imagining it." Mike scoffed.

"You literally did." Lucas dead panned.

"Fine. Okay, I did, so what? He was upset, I didn't wanna walk over to him and start fucking yelling down his ears, did I? You do realize that when someone is upset you are meant to be comforting and calm!" Mike scowled.

"Since when are you comforting and calm?" Lucas scoffed, Mike scowling and rolling his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up." Mike scowled, flipping him off. Lucas let out a small chuckle and rolled his eyes, all of them now waiting to see whether Will would come out to see them or not.

After a few minutes the three of them heard Will's door open, Will walking out and looking down at them with a nervous expression on his face.

"Hey." Mike spoke softly, gesturing for him to come over.

Lucas and Dustin shared a look, both of them rolling their eyes.

"Hi. . ." Will smiled nervously, looking between the three boys who were all looking back up at him.

"Come sit." Mike smiled, gently patting the empty space next to him.

Will hesitated for a moment before sitting down, looking down at his hands and staying silent.

"So, what's your name?" Dustin asked, not wanting there to be any awkward silence.

"Will." Will spoke quietly, looking up at him with a scared expression on his face.

"I'm Dustin! You're name sounds really familiar, do you have a sister?" Dustin smiled, Will frowning and nodding.

"Uh, yeah. . . I think she mentioned you to me. Is she your roomate?" Will asked.

"Yes!" Dustin grinned, very excited.

"Wait, are you also friends with a girl called Max?" Lucas spoke up, Will nodding and looking over at him.

"Holy shit! She's my roommate! Can you invite them both over? We could all get to know each other!" Lucas grinned.

"Uh, yeah, if you want me to. . ." Will nodded, Lucas grinning and nodding.

Will quickly excused himself and called his group chat with the two girls, both of them picking up almost instantly.

"Hii!" El grinned, seemingly forgetting about the small argument that happened earlier.

"Hi." Max grumbled, not seeming very happy to hear from him.

"Um, do you both wanna come over? We were right about the whole roommate thing. Dustin, Lucas and Mike are all friends and they want you both to come over to my dorm." Will tried his best to explain.

"What?" El frowned.

"Just- Come over." Will sighed.

"Okay? Max is already at my dorm so we will be over in like, five minutes." She grinned.

"Okay, I'll see you soon." He sighed.

The two said goodbye and hung up, Will already dreading the night that was ahead of him. He could barely handle El and Max both at once, never mind five people, especially since he barely even knew three of them!

He let out a soft sigh before leaving the room, walking back out and seeing the three just sat there talking.

"Are they coming over?" Lucas asked him, Will nodded softly.

He grinned and turned back to Dustin, the two of them continuing chatting. Will stood there awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. Mike noticed him stood there and motioned for him to come over, Will hesitating for a split second before walking over.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, knowing Lucas and Dustin would be nosey and listen to their conversation if he didn't whisper.

"Yeah. . . Why?" Will nodded, his voice soft.

"You seemed upset earlier, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Mike told him, Will smiling softly at Mike's words.

"Yeah, I'm okay. . . Thanks for asking." He spoke awkwardly, his cheeks turning a soft shade of pink.

Mike let out a soft chuckle and nodded his head, looking over at Dustin and Lucas to see what they were saying. After a few minutes the doorbell rang, everybody going silent as they looked over at the door. Will sighed softly and got up to answer it.

{Word Count: 802}