Chapter 14

『Now playing: Going Crazy by Treasure』

❝Talk 014❞

Rukawa Kaede has never felt inferiority when it comes to his looks nor cares about it. As a child he grew up with every girl saying he's cool behind his back and received a lot of confessions growing up. He rejected them all thinking that sleeping is what matters and things such as relationships is something that he finds bothersome.

He never figured out why people would want to do those things and just thought of either sleeping and playing basketball all the time.

But when he found out that Miyako was on a 'date', everything else crumbles. No games can make him anxious as much as anything that includes her. This is not as easy as shooting balls in the basket nor finding a place to sleep. This is not a thing that he can train for.

Not to mention, He never felt this so bothered from before, not even when he was playing at the practice match with Ryonan High School which is considered top 4 in the Kanagawa prefecture. He knew he had practiced hard and probably shoot a ball for a million times enough to be able to execute good performance in his games. But this and that are different, she's not a game that he is not a player in this sort of stage.

"I'm asking you Miyako, do you think he's more handsome than me?",

Rukawa Kaede knew he's being ridiculous...but remembering the closeness of Sendoh and Miyako, talking as they were  inside the department store while he watches them from behind tugs more of his emotions than he thought.

The urge to pull her out of his reach, don't make him approach her at all, and all sort of things that he can do to separate them is the only thing that he can think of.

As he still felt her hesitation, he backs away but as he did, Miyako instinctly grab his arms, preventing him from back away any longer.

"Y-you're more handsome", she mentally slapped herself for stuttering as she then gasps before looking at his eyes, opening her lips to speak once again.

"In my eyes, you're more handsome", it was a simple sentence.

A sentence that Rukawa heard from before a million times. From his family, his fangirls, even children on the street. But when Miyako says it into his face, he knew it was something else.

"Rukawa-san?!", Miyako exclaimed as Rukawa held her head and pulled her closer to his chest softly. She gasps in surprise,"A-ah Rukawa-san, what's wrong?"

Yet no answer from Rukawa was heard. She looked up and saw the scene she never thought she'd see in her entire life.

"Yokkata"

Kaede Rukawa, the coolest guy in the school. The greatest epitome of ikemen. The ace of the basketball club. The one with the craziest fangirls due to his face and skills, the unreachable figure that she can't even imagine being close to other than being a seatmate...blushing, looking even more handsome as he was smiling  softly down at her. Only at her.

"Don't think otherwise alright?", mesmerized, Miyako nodded in daze.

After seeing this scene, she won't think anyone is more handsome than him, not even a chance.

@cwynnie

'yokkata'- Thank Goodness

'ikemen' - Handsome Guy