gambling bum

Word count: 6k

"You got ten bucks, kid?"

You don't even turn your head to know who's standing in your doorway. "No, Toji."

Toji had been asking you for pocket money since you were a kid. And because you were so naive at those ages, you would always give it to him happily without question. Your childish crush on him didn't help.

You knew that he knew Satoru gave you an allowance every week. A rather large allowance. Satoru loved you deeply. He saw you as a princess and he treated you like one. So, he spoiled you.

You're pretty sure Toji used it to gamble.

"Oh, c'mon you gonna hold out on your favorite uncle?" He teases.

You grimace and finally turn your gaze from your homework to his frame. "You are not my uncle. You're a random old man in my room."

"Jeez. Kids these days." He sighs as he leans on your doorframe with crossed arms.

"Not a kid." You remind him as you turn back to your work.

"Come on I'll even take you with me if you hand it over."

Your eyesight creeps to the left but doesn't land on him. He never offered to take you with him before.

"Yeah I'll take you with me. So how about that fifteen bucks?" He eggs on, seeing your interest.

You roll your eyes. "You said ten."

"Ahh did I?"

"Make it ten and it's a deal." You negotiate as you face him.

"Whatever, come on." He gestures out to the hallway with a nod before walking out.

You were wearing sweatpants. You assume that should be fine.

Megumi and Yuji were out at the gym or something so you couldn't invite them.

You leave your room after grabbing your phone and bag.

Unsurprisingly, Toji didn't have a car so he stood by your car at the driver side, waiting.

You sigh and roll your eyes. "If we're taking my car, I'm driving."

"You're old enough to drive?"

"Obviously?? It's my car." You blink at him.

He shrugs and steps aside before slipping into the passenger side.

You sigh before getting into the driver side and starting the car.

Once you get to the destination and park, it's a large stadium like building.

As you walk in, Toji pulls you to the side causing you to furrow your brows.

"Okay go up to them and buy in for the green horse."

"What? Why me??" You whisper shout.