Mashing Mash

It was over. The destruction of humanity had been averted. Chaldea managed to restore the fractured flow of time. Facing Beast I Goetia, Master and Servant managed to triumph and to restore the world as they knew it. The cold air was piercing, but it was beautiful. Mash feeling a body that wouldn't crumble under the weather as reality was hers to claim. Her wish had come true: she could explore the world.

A communication sound making her look to the watch. Da Vinci appearing soon after. "Hello, Da Vinci. Is everything okay?" she asked.

The self-proclaimed genius smiled. "There's no worry, I can tell you that much. It's just a certain Master has something he wants to give you. Everything needs to be perfect, so when you are available, feel free to visit him."

'He wants to see me?' Mash thought to herself, already nervous but excited. The bonds between the both of them had grown even more. That thing called a relationship tightly knitted them together. Fate wouldn't separate them as Mash travelled to her Master's room with an eager gait. What awaited her was going to be something that she didn't want to miss for a second.

The skipping beast made her pause and smile as she lifted him up. "Do you want to see him too, Fou?" she asked.

The squirrel-like creature let off several words they couldn't translate before hopping off her shoulder and tapping the door. Nodding a couple of times, Fou skedaddled not long after. Mash blinking in surprise as it looked like Fou wanted her to have a private moment with her senior. Mash wasn't going to complain about it.

Entering into the room, the darkness mostly covered her. It was the few, fluorescent lamps that illuminated the room and her Master. "Y/N... what's all of this about?"

Y/N perked up at seeing Mash, chuckling unsteadily. "It's... great yo see you again. Mash. Sorry for not being prepared. I didn't think you would come so quickly. I would have thought you would have enjoyed the open world some more before coming here."

Mash smiled as she sat down. "It's no problem. I wanted to see you as well." Her eyes going over the atmosphere. "I don't know why, but the scenery here is beautiful. You must have worked hard to get it down. It's incredible to enjoy. I know I always wanted to see the outside world, but this is lovely. Thank you, Y/N!"

"Thanks for that, Mash. Although some thanks to Da Vinci. She knew how to set it up. I would have asked Tesla or Edison what were the best ways to use the light, but they ended up arguing once again," he said, smiling alongside Mash while heart strings were spun beautifully as Y/N's face was clearly flushed in the light. "Anyway... Mash, I wanted to ask you something."

Mash looked closer at her Master. "Yes?"

"Do you love me?"

Now that was something she would have never been able to defend herself. Give Mash another Anti-Humanity Noble Phantasm to defend against than this, left in a stuttering mess as Mash needed to reconcile why he was saying this. The answer was likely clear, but she had to make sure that what Y/N was talking about was exactly what she had in mind, what she hoped and desired.

"I love you."

No chance for Mash to even try to understand as it was laid out all for her. Her body frozen now while a certain dick wizard was already grinning; able to spot the two of them with their clairvoyance and chilling. The reveal of such things were always a treat to watch in the human world as Mash stammered to understand things.

"I love you! I love you, Mash Kyrielight! I feel like you love me as well, but of course I can't be sure! I still just have to tell you... after what happened in Solmon's Temple... I—" Y/N's face fell into the palm of his hands, heart running hard as tears were choked back down. The memories of what appeared to be their last time together, his stand against the King of Demon Gods, the doctor's sacrifice. All of it had taken a toll, yet Mash stayed the same. "I love you, my Shielder!" Y/N cried out, he looked silly, tears striking his face and snot ready to run but he had to admit it. Such a moment could happen, he could be powerless. Everything running him down.