8

He's walking through the hall unsure where he's even going, he needs to think...
He pauses in the hallway to take a deep breath in and out.

"Hey" someone says beside him, he recognizes Sally's voice but ignores her.

Instead he keeps thinking about what to do, he can't deal with Wilbur's flirting.

"Hey you, Wilbur's boyfriend" a hand taps his shoulder.

He turns to face her abruptly,

"Yeah?"

It comes out more hostile then he meant it.

"I just wanted to ask you a few things... and tell you a few things" she says, "while my ex isn't around."

"Talk to me? Why?" Quackity stares at her, she's just rather suspicious and she always looks at him curiously like he's weird to her or something.

"Because I just wanted to know why you are dating him" she says, "and I don't think it will work out, sorry."

"Oh" Quackity says awkwardly, "well we're not..."

"He acts all sweet and nice to you doesn't he? Soon his true colors will show, he only cares for himself and his money. Once he's bored of you he will leave. You should break up with him as soon as you can" Sally tells him all the sudden.

Wilbur had seemed arrogant when they first met, that's what made Quackity strongly dislike the other man, until he started to grow on him.

"Well it's ok, I don't have to break up with him because we aren't even dating" he replies.

She stares at him her mouth opening in surprise,

"Wait... but... he seems to like you."

"We were just pretending because he wanted to get back at you" Quackity explains.

"Oh..." she steps away from him, "well ignore everything I said then, I should get going now..."

Then Quackity remembers something Wilbur had said before, why Sally is so odd...

He mentioned something about her saying she saw mermaids...

"Wilbur said one time... you claimed to talk to mermaids" he says pausing Sally for a moment, she spins back around to stare at him.

"You're a weird one, you mean you didn't pick up on it when we met?" she asks.

"What..." Quackity stares at her in confusion.

"I am one, or a shapeshifter to be exact, but I take that form a lot" she says, "me and Wilbur's break up... is more complicated than you think." She pauses to stare at him.

"I picked up on you too yknow."

"You make no sense" Quackity groans in frustration, "are you crazy? How is that even possible you're some sort of shapeshifter mermaid thing!?"

She stares at him for a long moment, "Oh... oh I see..." she seems to be talking to herself.

"Well you are human I shouldn't be telling you impossible things" she shrugs finally.

"What other things are real? Are Waterspirits real?" Quackity asks thinking back to an earlier discussion with Foolish on the deck.

"Sometimes it's better for things to stay unknown, and you certainly don't seem to know..." she says finally mostly to herself again.

Before Quackity can say anything else she's walking away and he could have sworn she dissappeared right before his eyes.

He thinks for a moment but can't figure out what he doesn't know...