4 Confide

"Krownest? Why are we in Mandalorian space?" Kestis groaned as they dropped from hyperspace and descended into the clouds and snow. A pair of Mandalorian starfighters emerged from the clouds to escort the Ghost to the surface. If it were any other ship, Rebellion or Empire, they would have been shot down by now, the Ghost had certain privileges in Mandalorian space, courtesy of Clan Wren. "Is the therapist you found a Mandalorian?" Cal asked, sounding skeptical. BD-1 trilled excitedly from his shoulder.

"Cal, you promised you'd keep an open mind," Kallus reminded him.

Kestis flitted about the cockpit, pressing his face against the windshields to get a closer look at the starfighters by the Ghost's wings. Chopper chattered angrily at his feet. BD-1 whistled excitedly.

"Do you have any idea how many wars the Jedi and Mandalorians had over the centuries, no, millennia?" Kestis asked as Kallus' tried to force him into a seat, "a lot. We've had a lot of wars... there's no way this is gonna work out."

"Cal, I can tell you're a little anxious, but you wouldn't have come if I told you who he was," Kallus sighed.

"You're right, I wouldn't have," Kestis argued, "I've never had an interaction with a Mandalorian before that didn't involve punching or screaming before!"

BD-1 offered a whistle of encouragement, 'you get along with lots of Mandalorians' Hera guessed.

"Clone Force 99 don't count as Mandalorians," Kestis argued with the droid, "they're clones of a Mandalorian individual but they weren't brought up in the culture. They don't count." BD-1 chirped again. "No, Captain Rex is the same as them. Doesn't count." BD buzzed again about some bounty hunter they knew. "Also a clone, he doesn't count."

Hera rolled her eyes as she brought the Ghost down on the landing pad by the Clan Wren Stronghold. She could recognise Tristan's painted armour, the young man waited for them by the entrance to the complex.

"Come on, Cal, we'll only be here a day at most, give them a chance," Kallus encouraged.

"Fine, but if anyone here says anything about how 'the Jedis are baby snatchers', or something, I want to leave," Kestis pouted as he got up to follow Kallus out of the cockpit.

Hera followed suit, urging Kestis along, Chopper rattling just behind her about how he'd like to see Kestis get into a fight with so many Mandalorians.

Tristan greeted them at the foot of the Ghost, a pair of helmeted Mandalorians at his side. They were painted with Wren colours, Hera didn't even notice any Protectors or members of other clans nearby. This would be a private affair, the True Mandalorian clans were busy fighting the Empire and Imperial Loyalist clans in the rest of Mandalorian space; they didn't need to know Clan Wren was currently hosting members of the Rebellion and a Jedi. She unclipped her blaster and placed it into the waiting hands of one of the Mandalorians. Kallus followed suit, and Kestis also handed his blaster over as well as a power cell from his prosthetic arm.

There was a beat. They were still standing out in the cold.

"Your lightsaber," one of the Mandalorians called, his hand still outstretched.

"... No," Kestis refused.

"Kestis," Hera hissed.

"I can't," his voice was tinny and strained.

"Cal," Kallus' hand was on Kestis' back, a gentle touch, "I know how important they are to you—"

"They're my family."

"And these Mandalorians are welcoming us into their home," Kallus reasoned, "I'll be right here, by your side, the entire time if you need me. You're safe here." Kestis still wouldn't budge. BD-1 whirred quietly on his shoulder.