[1] Safe and Comfortable (Final Part)

A/N: Just finished the first group of one-shots! I'm calling Billie & Thea "Safe and Comfortable"!

Over the next six days, Billie was able to stay calm and collected. She watched her brother train and conversed with Kylian. He easily became a friend of hers and she was not surprised to find that he fell for Caspian fast. He saw through her brother faster than other people and Billie was glad of it. She just wanted her brother to be happy and Kylian was doing his best every day.

Caspian worked hard, slept, and ate. He started to engage in conversations with Kylian and Billie was even more glad when they started to happen when she wasn't present or asleep.

Finally, things were starting to change.

"I've got some bad news," Kylian announced as he came into their temporary room. Both of the siblings looked up at him and Caspian frowned.

"I don't like the sound of that." He said, narrowing his eyes. Kylian had a nervous smile on his face and Billie stood up from the edge of the bed.

"What's up?"

"I'm running low on funds for our room. I only have a couple more days left I can pay for." Kylian explained and Caspian let out a short scoff, crossing his arms as he stood on his feet. Billie looked back at him and Kylian's expression became worried. "Mate-"

"No." Caspian started walking past Kylian. "I knew this was coming. I've already started preparing myself to get back to work. I'll make some money for us." The redhead said, starting to stretch and the other two were stunned.

"Caspian...you don't have to do this. I'll-" Kylian was interrupted by the blazing glare his mate sent him. "Take care of it..." He trailed off.

"Yeah, no. I can work too, thanks." Caspian told him off with a straight face.

"Cas..." Caspian looked at Billie, who was no longer looking at him. "Why don't we go back to Lady Verena?" She asked, looking defeated and Caspian's eyes widened. "She said she'd take care of us..."

"Oh, hell no. I'm not going to argue with you, Billie." Caspian's face turned irritated and he stormed out of the room. Kylian glanced back at Billie, wanting to follow his mate but was afraid to leave Billie alone.

"You should go, Kylian. I'm okay."

"A-Are you sure?" Kylian was hesitant. His mate would probably not like him for leaving her but he couldn't just leave Caspian out there angry. He wanted to comfort his mate.

"Yeah." Billie smiled and Kylian went over to give her a big hug, surprising her. He let go after a minute and then went after Caspian. Billie smiled and sighed before walking over to the bed. She fell on top of it and slowly got comfortable.

Her thoughts became sad and she almost started to wish she could go back to before all this started...

But then she would've never seen the rest of her brothers fall in love. And she would've not met her own mate.

Her own mate.

Billie blushed thinking about the beautiful vampire that walked with her, comforted her, and promised to be there for her. She felt like she could trust her. And if Lady Verena took care of her brothers, who's to say she won't take care of them like she initially offered?

Billie suddenly missed her mate. Thea's sweet smell. Thea's feminine style. Everything about her was beautiful and Billie didn't even get to actually appreciate her.

Billie ended up getting lost in thought for a while, losing the constant battle of thinking of her mate.

She wanted to try to call her. To see if she'd actually come.