Prompt #4

Prompt from October 17th, 2023

Choose a prompt below and write a story.

1. You wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of your dog pushing the door open. When you look at your dog it is already staring at you. It utters, "They're here..."

2. You wake up on a Monday morning dreading the very thought of school. After dragging yourself out of bed and getting ready, you step outside only to see a lush, beautiful landscape. From a distance you see a colossal waterfall, its torrential downpour weaving a natural melody that brings you serene peace. After marveling at the waterfall you turn around and your house is gone. You're alone.

3. Last night you and your friends visited a carnival. After walking past a mystic you joked that, "Magic isn't real." The mystic overheard, cast a hex, and stated, "Every time you drink you will shrink." The next day when you took a sip of your coffee you shrunk one foot. Now you have to track down the mystic and revert the curse.

4. Make your own story!

Prompt chosen: #2

-End of notes, story is below-

It was six-thirty in the morning on the school day. I didn't want to go to school, as usual. I resisted the urge to use an excuse to stay home from school. Plus, my mom probably wouldn't buy it. I dragged myself out of bed and did what I had to do. I got dressed in my outfit for the day and then I had breakfast once I was downstairs. At around 6:40 a.m., my mom started to brush my hair and put it into a ponytail.

At 7:00 a.m., we headed outside to go to our car. But, when I exited the house, it wasn't the outside. It was a lush, beautiful landscape. When I turned around, my mom wasn't behind me. I shrugged it off. This place where I was was peaceful and nice, unlike reality, which was absolute hell. This place was an escape from all the trauma I had endured.