Prompt #4

Prompt from March 21st, 2024

1. Your spouse is leading a secret double life as a spy, trying their best to keep it secret from you. This has never really worked, because, unbeknownst to them, you are actually their handler.
2. A few years ago, you helped a group of four horsemen in trouble. When the apocalypse came many years later, four vaguely familiar faces knocked on your door. They are the four horsemen of the apocalypse and they offer you a place among them as the fifth horseman in thanks for your help all those years ago.
3. One day, when you're in the shower, you hear your front door open and close. "Hey, roomie, I'm home!" Someone shouts. You don't have a roommate.
4. You have the power to create, and star in, your own reality show. What does it look like?

A/N: Warning for cringe.

I was sleeping in my room when I heard my alarm clock go off. Annoyed, I hit the snooze button. I wanted to go back to sleep but I decided against it. I sighed and stopped the alarm. I sit up and get out of my bed. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower.

Once I was almost done showering, I heard the front door open. I wasn't expecting anyone to come today. I turn off the shower and suddenly hear an unknown voice.

"Hey, roomie! I'm home!"

I panicked. I don't have a roommate. I never did.

I put on my new clothes and brushed my hair. I exited the bathroom and hurried down the stairs and saw an unknown person in the living room. I shake in fear as I look at the person.

"Um... who are you?" I asked. "And what do you want from me?"

"Chill," the person replied. "You know who I am. Don't play dumb."

I sighed. "I don't recognize you. I've never seen you in my whole life."

"Yes, you have," the person said. "We are roommates."

"No, we aren't!" I yelled out of frustration and fear. "Now, get out of my house!"

"Did... did you hit your head?" the person asked. "If I recall correctly, I went to one of my other friends' house and played games with him. I asked you if you wanted to come with me but you declined."

"...Oh," I said. "The more I think about it... I think I did hit my head. Still, I don't remember you... unless you are telling the truth."

"I am," the person replied. "We are roommates."

"I guess I got amnesia from that fall," I said.