Remilia's Indescribable Hunger

It wasn't unusual for the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion to see Remilia leave the household for weeks, months even. Where she goes and what she does is always a mystery for them. That's a secret the vampire mistress of the red mansion won't tell anyone. Not even to her dear maid, or her beloved sister.

Remilia was a human once, but she became a vampire alongside Flandre at a really young age. They never knew how and why. And what complicated things further, is the fact that they became true vampires, not mere thralls.

Flandre didn't quite get it, and was in fact scared of her uncontrollable strength, to the point she ended up tearing her wings apart by mistake. Finally, she decided to stay hidden from the world. Remilia encouraged this decision. It was the best for Flandre until she knew how to control herself.

Remilia felt pity for her sister, but she was thrilled by her new acquired powers. She couldn't walk under the sun, but that didn't matter to her. The night was her playground now.

Flying through the night skies until dawn, terrorizing villages and settlements close to her mansion, but what she enjoyed the most, was fighting the competition.

She had to face off against several other vampires and creatures of the night that tried to move into her territory. And singlehandedly, she fought and destroyed many kinds of monsters through the centuries, rebelling and enjoying the high those battles gave her.

Some vampires were curious about something, though. Why does this powerful vampire refuse to form a covenant? What is stopping her from making her 'own' family?

Despite being a vampire, Remilia didn't like to indulge the lowest aspects of her condition. She didn't feel the need to have a covenant. She didn't even kidnap people to feed from them. To this day, Remilia dislikes drinking blood from the neck of her 'victims', she always ends up messing and staining her clothes, more than anything. But most notably, Remilia felt that such action was too intimate, something she would do only with those close to her heart.

That piece of land grew smaller and smaller, and Remilia started to grow bored. She ventured further and further away from her mansion, finally leaving Europe behind, visiting various corners of the Earth.

That's how she met Hong Meiling. Why did this chinese youkai accept to follow Remilia? That's something for another time, but this marked the beginning of this vampire's fascination with the eastern part of the world.

Though, her whims had consequences. Humans living near her mansion asked for help, and vampire hunters became more and more eager to try their holy weapons against her.

Remilia doesn't hate humans. Deep inside of her, she still sees them as kin, despite enjoying terrorizing them and feeding from them, mostly for survival. But that didn't stop her from defending herself and her household with extreme prejudice.

After some time, she met Patchouli Knowledge. They became good friends to the point that Remilia invited her to live in her mansion. She went as far as making up some silly sounding job to convince the witch to stay with her. What does 'creating and solving problems' entail anyways?

That enormous mansion of hers started to feel less empty. And then, a silver haired girl entered her life.

That girl went inside Remilia's mansion to kill her, like many others before her. She was relentless, and even Remilia herself was surprised by how skilled and strong willed this girl was.

Remilia could've killed her, just like she did with many vampire hunters in the past. But something in that girl's face stopped her from dealing the final blow. That girl was a human, yes, but not only she looks different, almost otherworldly in comparison to most humans. Remilia was able to notice something else behind that cold facade.