My Heathers 2 Idea

Heathers 2 Proposal

It's been over twenty-five years since Heathers, the dark comedy cult classic. This is my idea for a sequel based on the tv show that was almost made for Bravo in 2012.

Premise: Veronica Meyer returns to Sherwood, Ohio with her husband Lane, seventeen year old daughter, Brianna, and sixteen year old son Austin. Brianna and Austin are enrolled at Westerburg High, where she encounters the offspring of some of the worst possible former classmates of Veronica: the Heathers' daughters, the Mias. Mia Dawson, Mia Kelly, and their unrelated friend Mia Rowan are every bit as evil as their mothers, with the advantages of twenty-first century technology and social acceptance of "Mean Girls." Even more surprisingly, Big Bud Dean had another son with a younger wife years after JD's death. Unsurprisingly, Brianna is intrigued by Caleb Dean, who may just have the same violent tendencies as Jason. Even over twenty-five years later, not much has changed about Westerburg High. And the lack of progress might just be the institution's undoing.

Characters:

(Note: actors casted only if original actor can't really be traced/is deceased, or original character)

Adults

Veronica Meyer - now 43 years old and married to Lane Meyer, Veronica has become a very successful journalist/author. A curiosity about whatever became of her hometown and the people who stayed there causes her to take on a yearlong investigation of Sherwood, just see if the town is as sordid as she remembered it. Unfortunately, the memories of the tragedies that occurred there still plague her, and the Deans' teenage son with an unsettling relation to JD cause her to regret the move.

Heather Dawson - the former queen of mean after Heather Chandler's death still reigns as the head of Sherwood's PTA. Other than trading in bulimia for Xanax and Aqua Net for Mystic tanning, Heather Duke is essentially the same mean girl she was in 1989. Married to nerd-turned-Fortune 500 CEO Peter Dawson, Heather is also as insecure as she was before. Her daughter Mia causes her to lust after her youth, and she is very jealous of her looks. Scheming as ever, she attempts (and succeeds) in seducing Mia's boyfriend and Heather Kelly's son, KJ Kelly.

Heather Kelly (Sarah Jessica Parker) - Vice President of the PTA. Even more insecure than Heather Dawson. She does her best at being a cool mom with her daughter Mia, son Kurt Jr., and their friends. She married Brad Kelly, Kurt's cousin, right out of college. Much like Heather Dawson, she also clings to being young. Unlike Heather Dawson, she longs to be best friends with her teenage daughter, and to be a part of her social circle. She has become less catty over the years, though, and becomes friendly with Veronica, whom she is still grateful towards for preventing her attempted suicide.

Betty Finn - still single, Ms. Finn is an English teacher at Westerburg High. Considered the hottest teacher in school, she has an influence over many of her students, especially Brianna. Peter Dawson somewhat regrets his marriage to the cruel Heather, and lusts after Betty Finn. She seems to return his feelings, but is unsure due to his marriage to Heather and her own morals. She becomes less uncomfortable with the idea of an affair with Peter after she discovers the barely legal liaison Heather is engaged in with one of her students.

Peter Dawson (Ben Stiller) - the Fortune 500 CEO of a software company, Peter is living the nerd dream: Rich beyond his wildest dreams, married to one of the beautiful popular girls who used to torment him, and the envy of the classmates who once looked down on him. Despite this, Peter is unsatisfied with his life. His wife Heather doesn't seem to care about him, his daughter Mia is slowly evolving into a cruel human being, and money can't buy happiness. His one regret is not acknowledging Betty Finn in the past, and being forced to be in contact with her despite not having a chance.