Season 2 Chapter 7 - Kokabiel & Queen of the Devils

After the Alliance was agreed , Kiba was found and contacted. He was told the permutations of what would happen. He was given the name of the person who led the project, which was Valper Galilei.

The two groups went ahead and started searching for the swords, with an emphasis being placed on retrieving the swords and capturing Freed alive.

As they searched Kuoh, Issei received some heart-wrenching news, which nearly made him go berserk.

[Communication Incoming]

Issei: Have you found anything?

Xenovia: Hurry quickly, Irina was attacked she's dying!!!

That placed the group on alert as Irina was fatally attacked.

Issei: We're on our way!!!

Issei and the search group teleported to Irina's location, which was near the abandoned church. The group noticed that they couldn't use Phoenix Tears when they arrived. They saw Irina heaving and barely staying conscious.

Issei: Iri, stay with me, breathe, stay with me.

Irina: I'm sorry Ise-kun, I wanted to see you, but seems our reunion wasn't meant to last long, I know it's late for this ,but I'm glad we were one another's first friend, when no one was willing to be a friend to me , you came up and became that light in my life, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to say this sooner, but I love you Issei Hyoudou.

Issei: No, no, no, stay with me, Irina!

The entire group looked heartbroken at what had happened, none more so than Sona ,who saw her Fiancée losing his best friend. Issei soon remembered he had his pieces. So he took out a Knight Piece, the group realised that as well

Issei: Please forgive me for this Irina.*sobs*

Issei: In the name of Lucias Lucifuge, I revive you, Irina Shidou, as my Knight, rejoice in your new life.

When the Knight Piece went inside Irina, they were able to use Phoenix Tears to close up the wound, and as they did, a massive burst of energy went off from Irina, it burned some of the Devils but not Issei, then two different pairs of wings burst from Irina's back, one was a pair of Angel Wings while the other was the Pair of Devil Wings, but her devil wings was more of a lighter silverish colour as her Angel wings did the same and some of her hair turned from chestnut brown to a more blonde colour. Issei kissed her forehead as well. He knew he had saved her ,but at what cost.

Sona took Irina to Serafall Memorial Hospital to get treatment, she was attacked but her Excalibur wasn't retrieved as Issei arrived before they could take it, so when he saw it on the ground, he picked it up, the sword reacted and wrapped itself around his left arm.

The group soon realised the meaning of Issei's earlier words when he said he was a target, the sword immediately resonating with him was proof and it wrapping itself around his arm in the same way Irina did was as well, but the group also noted that it was a nod to the Duo's Friendship.

Night fell over Kuoh when they got word that Kokabiel was at the academy attacking, the Sitri and Gremory Group, along with some of the Lucifuge group, formed an all encompassing barrier .

The only ones inside were Issei ,Vali, Arthur, Xenovia, Rias & Akeno. There was a communication made to the Maous made, but there would be a delay considering the number of forces they needed to gather in a short time. So they were on their own for the moment.

Footage was also being recorded for a report so that everything could be backed up once a debriefing was needed should they survive the attack. As the vanguard entered they were met by a large Fallen Angel force, with Kokabiel, Valper & Freed behind that force, Valper was combining 3 of the 7 blades, which also rigged an explosion which could also destroy the town.