It nearly kills me

( Lauren's, Emma's and Skylar's outfits ☝️)

( next day) ( Wednesday)

-Skylar's POV-

Hey helmet Lauren says walking up, I look at her to see her giving me a small smile hey I replie kinda shock.

Why are you smiling? I ask chuckling a little, she looks at me again why shouldn't I smile? She questions still smiling.

No, I mean, you should, I was just asking if there was like an immediate recent cause or something? I say.

You literally can manufacturer an existential crisis out of thin air she tells me walking off a little.

It's a gift! It's a true gift! She continues walking off so I smile looking at her while I turn around the corner.

I walk into Emma hey I say giving her a small smile, hey she replies giving me one back.

Outta nowhere I get pushed into the ground landing on my face basically so I sit up seeing Chris and his friends walking past laughing.

What the hell?! Emma says piss, it's okay Em I tell her standing up while she helps.

No it's not Sky, you didn't even do anything to him to make him do this stuff to you she replies and I shrug while we head to class.

Am I and Matt still going over after school? She ask, of course, we always do I replie.

Okay she says giving me a small smile and I give her one back while we walk into class.

We get to our seats and she gives me one back and hugs me so I sit here shock for a second and hug her back.

We pull away and she gives me a small smile then sits down what has been going on with her, she never really wants to hug me a lot I say to myself.

( A hour later)

I walk into English class walking to my desk next to the window then I see Lauren walk in.

She sits at her seat talking to her friend with the bell going off, okay class, today we're gonna- I cut off the teacher by looking at Lauren

She looks so beautiful I say to myself while she pays attention, Skylar, Skylar I hear so I look at miss parker says.

I shake it off and look at her uh, yes? I question, are you with us? She ask.

Yeah, no, I'm with you I replie, then what was I saying? She ask again.

I sit here not saying anything and shrug so she sighs you have to pay attention Skylar she tells me.

Everyone laughs so I look at Lauren to see her giving me a small smile so I give her one back blushing in embarrassment.

Skylar, stay after class okay miss Parker tells me and I nod.

( After class)

The bell rings so everyone gets up and walks out so I grab my notebook and I walk up to miss Parker's desk.

Lauren, could you stay for a second she tells her while Lauren stops, yeah, sure she replies walking up and stands next to me.

Skylar, you haven't been paying  attention lately and your grades are dropping so Lauren, you are on the top of the class so could you tutor Skylar she tells Lauren.

We look at each other then back at her yeah, I'll love to help she says smiling a little, okay, maybe this week you can get together and study? Miss Parker says.

Yeah, for sure I say giving her a small smile, you two can go she tells us so I walk out.

Wanna study Saturday? Lauren ask running up next to me, yeah, sure I replie looking at her.