5.

KAELYNN

I stood behind the door frightened. I heard Tay rush down the stairs and hundreds of rounds let off in the home.

I flinch horrified at this reality that I didn't believe was such. All I could think about was the worst and it tore me apart.

Silence.

I began to hold my mouth shut as I cried gripping the pistol. I heard footsteps slowly come up the stairs. I stop sulking become anxious. I looked under the door to see a shadow of a person walking towards the bathroom. I skillfully pointed the gun at the entrance just like Tayshawn had taught me, ready to shoot whoever was behind it.

"Kaelynn"

I let out a sigh of relief that nearly made me drop to the floor. I opened the door to see a shirtless Tayshawn looking down at me holding an AK in each hand. Blood splattered over his toned abs and arms that complemented his smooth beige skin like art.

"You gotta go ma I'm so sorry."

He tried to grab me but I quickly maneuvered around him and stormed out of the home. Tears began to fall from my face. Lord knows how much I wanted this but I just couldn't live such a scary lifestyle and it broke me because this is a man I want to spend my life with.

I was afraid I had to let that go. Everything was just too much.I had to let him go.

TAYSHAWN

I hurried and put the guns down before rushing downstairs to see Kaelynn speeding past my clean up crew. She walked outside in front of my jeep and paused for a moment. When I looked around the house was a mess. Broken glass, bullet wholes in the wall, blood everywhere in sight.

A true murder scene.

I immediately shifted my attention towards the scene and called the guys.

"Look, whateva the fuck we got planned we need to hurry up these niggas already making moves."

I connected my AirPods to my phone and sat it down as I ran upstairs to get a shirt

"Fuck you mean they making moves? They got yo ass asum?" A clueless Leroy uttered.

"I was with ma girl tryna do some romantic shit and they shot my new crib up, fucked up my whole moment." I explained as I put my shoes on ready to leave.

"Ain't this like the third time niggas ruined yo date night?" Bando asked, trying to hide his laugh.

"And ain't this like yo eighth crib? You'll be aight nigga." Leroy said with his voice sounding like he just took a hit a of a blunt.

I shook my head in annoyance.

"Man meet us at headquarters y'all steady trolling." Leonardo huffed seriously before hanging up.

I hung up making my way outside and instantly regretted leaving Kaelynn unattended. "This lil motherfucka done stole my car." I chuckled to myself while shaking my head and making my way to the garage where my black BMW and Lamborghini was.

She owe me.

...

While driving to headquarters I began to think about Kaelynn and I questioned whether we were actually ready to take this step. I genuinely felt bad about our night being ruined once again.

It's like they were getting closer to her which is even worse after I promised I would never let anything happen to her. But in reality, I wasn't worried too much. I know that lil girl love me like crazy and she ain't going nowhere. Then again this lifestyle may actually be too much for her. I knew she wasn't cut out for this from the moment I saw her scary ass.

Which is unfortunate because she don't see that I wanna protect her from all this bullshit. That's all I been doing for the past 2 years.

I sighed as I pulled up to my building.

I walked in to see dozens of workers handling money, playing chess, and keeping tabs on the feds on the first floor. Thousands of computers that supposedly were keeping track of my enemies and glass-like marble floors that complemented aura of the workplace.

I was truly proud of what I had built. And I'll be a dead man before let these motherfuckas run me out of it.

We been playing this cat and mouse game for too long.

It's war.