Judging Monami's choice

*Knock knock*

The door was ajar but Karan knocked before entering in.

"Come in please" Monami said with a big smile. Last few minutes while Monami changed into fresh clothes, she was only thinking about her moments with Karan in the rain. Her besotted heart reliving the unexpected rain of love. 

She didn't think much about Karan's visit to her room as she expected it something related to party in the evening.

"Hi"

"Hi"

Monami noticed Karan holding two cups of coffee - one in his each hand.

"Special Agent Karan Shergil, aap kabse rules break karne lag gaye? Rooms mein coffee nahi la sakte." Monami gave an excited smile.

Karan smiled. "Calm down Cadet Monami Mahajan. Wo rule cadets ke liye hai. Not for the agents. Main rules nahi todta."

Karan handed over a cup of hot coffee to Monami. Monami smiled big.

"Ab iss academy mein jab tak full time doctor nahi aa jata, aap hi hamari doctor bhi hain, to aapka beemaar hona hum afford nahi kar sakte." Karan tried to explain his bending of rules.

Monami smiled with glee. Then realised Karan wanted to talk.

"Tum kuch baat karna chahte the" Monami asked

Karan hesitated. "Haan..wo"

Monami carefully sipped her hot coffee.

Karan cleared his throat. "Monami, wo..."

"Kaho na" Monami insisted, taking another sip carefully.

"Monami.. are you ...are you in love with someone?"

There was a sudden burst of cough as Monami heard Karan in shock, spitting out the hot coffee from her mouth, to her front, her sleeves etc.

Karan jumped on his feet to help Monami
"Are you okay? Monami relax." Karan checked on Monami.

But Monami's mind was swimming in a flurry of questions, as she coughed, "Did I hear properly? Did Karan really ask if I was in love? Does he know that I love him? Why is he asking this? What should I say? Should I use this opportunity to confess my feelings to him now?"

"Are you fine Monami ? " Karan kept asking.

Monami settled down in a few minutes. "I am fine now" she assured a seemingly worried Karan. She loved how Karan showed his constant concern for her these days. Monami struggled to find an answer to Karan's original question.

Once she settled down, Monami tried to take control and asked Karan "tum ne aisa kyun poochha?"

"I .. I am sorry. I shouldn't have. I didn't mean to invade your personal space" Karan felt he overreached.

"Relax... it's ..sorry, I wasnt expecting it so..." Monami tried to comfort Karan.

"Wo I was worried tum aise lost si ghoom rahi thi..... phir Sid ne kaha you are in love so ...." Karan tried to explain but Monami caught Sid's name

"Sid ne kya kaha?" Monami was shocked and scared.

"Sid ne ... bataya that you have a crush on somebody that's why you are behaving strangely sometimes" Karan said

Idiot Sid. Monami murmured to herself. What all did he tell Karan. Couldn't even wait for her to confess herself.

"Aur kya bataya?" She asked hesitating, also wondering if Karan knows she loves him.