Chapter 4

I disembark safely. I wish Eleanor recognises me the way she used to recognise. A bunch of excitement grabs me in circle. I haven't seen her for so long and I can't wait anymore. There are too many letters left to be read. Although I sent her too many letters, she didn't reply to any of them. I didn't stop. I wrote. I sent. I waited. Still waiting.
I keep writing her letters, I send some and some I keep. Thinking that if someday, I meet her, I will give her those.

I write her letter to express the feelings for which words haven't dared to travel. I scribble to the person whom I never cried out as mine. I scribble to the love which I never received. I scribble to the storm which stopped but gave a trouble to tame forever.

I knock the door. A party popper explodes. "Welcome son!" Mom hugs me. It's a great pleasure to see my whole family infront of me. They seem happy after a long time. Their eyes seem craving. "Dad. How's your day going?"
I shake hands with him. "Fine man. I'm proud to see you. You are precious. This is why when your mom scolded you, I defended!" He is in tears with a big smile of pride in his face. "Nothing was possible without your support Dad. Today I'm precious just because you are right beside me."
"What about the one who cooked for you guys? The one who carried you for several months? Who spent sleepless nights? The one who prayed day and night?" Mom interrupts.
"She's my gem! She means my world." I hug her tightly. She starts crying. "I love you son. You make me so proud whenever you appear before me. May God bless you with everything you desire for."

I 'm happy seeing Mrs. Stevenson beside the window but where's her daughter? Eleanor? I move to the kitchen. Mom is frying potato chips. "Eleanor?"
"In your room." She replies. "Why isn't she here? Isn't she happy?"
"I don't know. She is having some mental issues nowadays. To be specific, nobody knows what the real matter is. She doesn't open up. She yells at everyone who asks her about that. I think she suffered some pathetic breakdowns. Go help her. But don't try to force if she chooses not to speak."

This speech turns me sick. I came for her. To see her. To enjoy with her. To feel her everywhere. To see her breathing happily. But what's going to happen now! She is hurting, suffocating and gradually ceasing?! I'm going insane. I want to rush inside the room and hug her untill she gets the comfort she was lacking. But what if she repels? My sky is breaking over my body. Each pieces, penetrating my souls.. making it to leave and go.

"Will she meet me now? Mom, how she look like? Is she the same? Will she even talk to me?"
"She will. But I repeat, don't force her."
"I will not."

I move to my room. Her residence.
I can see someone behind the curtains beside the window. In cerulean tank top and blue pants. This is my Eleanor. I motion myself towards her right. She still got no notice. I lean my back on the window and look at her.
"Eleanor."
She is still somewhere else.
"Ele..?"
Her eyes flicker. She is shocked. She steps back in a hurry and sits on the sofa.
"Who are you? Why are you in my room?"
I get a fatal shock that flows down my veins. She doesn't even remember me? Who am I? She feels insecure and tries to rush out of her room.
"Eleanor... I am Abraham."
She stops at the door and looks at me in a surprise.
"Dust on the mountain. Autumn leaves. Our garden! Letters."
I try to jog her memory. She sits on the floor suddenly, cupping her skull with her hands.
"Hey. Eleanor... What happened?" I run and grab her in my ribs. For the first time being an adult now, I touched a woman without a prior seeking. "I am really really sorry. I didn't mean to touch you like this. But now you need to take rest. Come. Hold my back. Can you?"
She nods a no. "Can I lift you up?"
Eleanor hides her face on my chest and holds me tightly. This time it's a YES. I lift her to my bed and she half sits. She turned 32 this year. Her physique turned beauteous. Her hair lowered down on her hips. "Will you give me a response if I ask you something?" I ask hesitatingly. She eyes straight to my pupil and breaks down into tears. Not sobbing, but high volumes of silent cry transmits through my ears. Her lips beg me to listen the unspoken words and eyes crave to cry. She comes closer and asks "What?"

[ Hey folks! Here our 4th chapter comes to an end. Though it's a bit boring now, I promise to be more specific in the next chapters. Eleanor (female lead) meets Abraham (male lead) for the first time after they pass their adolescence. Hope you enjoy their new journey being united again. ]