𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏~🥀𝐑𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞🥀

"If you think this changes anything, I'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't." He said harshly.

"Alastor! You have to understand that it's not my fucking fault! I—"

"No," he said simply.

"G-guys..." Charlie said, chuckling nervously. "Can we just put this behi—"

"No," he repeated, looking away from us. "Charlie, this doesn't concern you," he snapped.

Charlie looked hurt, but I gave her the "okay" to leave.

Resentfully, Charlie stood up from the chair and exited the room, giving me one last hopeful smile before closing the door.

"I genuinely thought that you'd be able to look past this," I said, turning to Alastor.

"Well my dear, you're wrong."

"I thought we had fun today!" I protested.

"Fun? Fun?!" He echoed mockingly. "Just because I ate some of your senseless food doesn't mean that we are friends now, Y/N."

My expression faltered at his harsh words. "Alastor...it's my job! I...I didn't..."

"You hardly know me! How dare you make that accusation!" He growled.

After Alastor had tried my cake at dinner, he was immediately offended when I suggested that he forgive me and look past our former predicament.

One of my worst flaws is not being able to accept when people don't like me...I always try to set things right with people I've wronged...but he's being so...difficult...
"I don't see what you have against me!" I said.

Okay that was definitely the wrong thing to say.

Alastor shot me a look of disbelief.

"Okay okay, I get it but—"

"I don't want to hear it. Sorry," he said dismissively.

Discouraged and hurt, I turned away from him and followed Charlie's lead, exiting the room.
Closing the door behind me, I exhaled, burying my face in my hands.

"Ugh..." I groaned.

Gathering my things, I thanked Charlie for the invite and headed back to my office for extra hours.

~•*•~

"Well hello—"

"I'm not in the mood." I said dismissively to Vox, breezing past him.

"Ooh! My turn to play therapist?" He joked.

I glared at him. "I am not in the mood!" I repeated.

"Okay...okay..." he said, sitting down on the lobby couch. "I'll just sit here...with all of my amazing advice...keeping it to myself...no one to share it with..." He kicked his feet up and pulled out his phone.

I sighed and sat by him, arms crossed and glaring off into the distance.

"...the amazing advice is slowly slipping out from my brain..." He sang.

"Fine!" I threw my hands in the air and turned to him.

"That's the spirit!" He chuckled. "So, what happened?"

He patted his shoulder for me to rest my head on. I chuckled. "Yeah...no thanks."

"Hm. Suit yourself. So what happened?"

I sighed. "Just...that radio demon..."

He raised his eyebrows. "The radio demon..." He echoed. "The same one...that I talked to?"

I nodded. "That's the one."

His hardened face broke out into a weak laugh. "Funny how we both came to each other for the same guy, huh?"

I also let out a soft chuckle. "Yeah...guess so..."

He nodded understandably. "I get it. He can be really harsh sometimes. You don't have to say anything else if you don't want to." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Thanks Vox."

"Anytime," he said, holding his hands out for a hug.

I rolled my eyes but hugged him.

"You'll be okay, Y/N...let's not waste our time on indolent little shits like him, okay?"

"You know I can't promise that Vox..."

He shrugged. "I guess that's fair. Just not him...okay?"

~earth_angel17

~earth_angel17