Making the devil fall in love with you

(Español siguiente capitulo)

Alastor needed to reach the throne, one way or another. He had mulled it over in his head countless times, and there were two options: kill the king of Hell or become his spouse. Both were equally difficult and unreal, but the one with the best chance of success was the latter, so Alastor got down to business.

Firstly, he had to come to terms with the idea that, if the plan succeeded, he would have to have sexual relations with Lucifer at some point. Although the idea disgusted him, he knew he had to do it for the sake of the plan. Of course, he would postpone it for as long as possible. Then, he had to deal with the romantic aspect, as Alastor was well aware of social conventions. However, once they entered into a relationship, he would need help from the only person who could assist him in these circumstances: Rosie.

Rosie was charming and knew advice on absolutely everything. If something didn't seem right to her, she would tell you, but her loyalty died with you. She was the perfect person to ask for advice on "love" and how to make someone fall in love. A plan to make Lucifer fall in love? Difficult, right? But surely easier than killing him, considering he was literally immortal.

So, Alastor called Rosie to the hotel, as he understood that to be seen in a positive light, people had to see you surrounded by people who radiated good vibes, and Rosie was certainly one of them.

"Alastor darling, how wonderful to see you," Rosie said with a smile as Alastor opened the hotel doors for her.

"Likewise, dear," they greeted each other with a quick hug as Alastor ushered her in, making sure that those in the lobby, including Lucifer, saw them.

After greeting everyone with a smile, they both headed towards Alastor's room, where he had set up a small table with freshly brewed hot tea.

"What was all that show for?" Rosie asked, with a kind but straight-to-the-point smile.

"Hmm. I would say I have something to... talk to you about. Or rather, ask for your advice," Alastor admitted.

"I wouldn't have imagined in a million years that you'd come to ask me for personal advice, Alastor," she said as she sat down in the chair. "Perhaps you're up to something?"

Alastor's ears flicked back at the comment. He couldn't let his intentions be so obvious if he wanted his plan to succeed.

"Indeed, I have a somewhat risky plan," he confessed.

Rosie laughed as she sipped some tea. "Enlighten me."

"I want to reach the throne of Hell. It's the quickest way to end the deal that has my soul bound," explained Alastor. "And to carry out my plans."

"Alastor, you're not seriously thinking of fighting against Lucifer, are you? That's suicide," Rosie responded seriously.

"Of course not, dear. I would never do something so risky. I want to make him fall in love, so we can share the throne," declared Alastor. "Though I'm not thrilled about that word."

Rosie's face was a mix of disbelief and surprise.
"Oh, Alastor. You can't be serious about this," she said, genuinely concerned.

"Why not? I just need some advice from the best matchmaker in all of hell... you know I'm not good at approaching people in that way. Besides, it can't be that difficult to pretend," Alastor stopped as he thought he heard a noise at the door of his room. He went out to look, but there was no one there; perhaps he had imagined it.

"Darling, I don't think you understand how dangerous love can be. I would dare say this plan is even riskier than killing him. In fact, you could end up dead with both plans," Rosie warned as Alastor returned to his seat.