𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑~🥀𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲🥀

It was (yet another, there are honestly too many...) a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I was finishing up the last chapter of "Salem's Lot" by Stephen King...by far one of my favorite authors.

I had finally reached the end. I sighed in satisfaction, staring at the cover and re-reading some of my favorite parts.

Once I finally got bored, I set it down and saw an advertisement for a new upcoming book on the back, "The Shining".

I quickly pulled out my hellphone and searched it up, looking for the new release date.

"OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR STEPHEN KING'S 'THE SHINING'!!"

I read through the article and smiled.
Only a week from now!

It said that our local library has only managed to get their hands on only one pre-ordered copy so far.

I smirked to myself.

I'll be quick to snatch it up. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

But for the time being, I needed to return my book back to the hotel's library.

~•*•~

Stopping at the hotel, I noticed Charlie left a note on the front desk,

"Staff is out bowling.
Come back later and we hope to see you soon, (possible) customer!!
~Charlotte Morningstar"

I rolled my eyes.

How unprofessional of her to leave only a note and no receptionist.

Thank Lucifer it was only me...
I walked up to the library.

It was one of my favorite parts in the hotel, with a vast variety of books, and floor for each genre.

I walked up to the fiction section and returned "Salem's Lot" back on the bookshelf when I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the room.

"Hello?" I called out, walking closer to the noise to investigate.

"Hellooo?" I repeated.

No answer.

Guess I'm going crazy...

I heard a muffled groan.

"Oh wonderful, you're here..." Alastor said, holding a stack of books.

"Good afternoon Alastor!" I said, ignoring his rudeness.

"Mhm..." He replied, going back to searching the bookshelf.

"What'cha got there?" I asked, looking at the books he was holding.

"Books," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "I know that, silly, but which books?"

He was silent for a moment before responding, "fiction books."

I forced a smile. "Oh! My favorite!"

He finally chose a book from the shelf and settled his stuff on a nearby table, sitting down.

I sat down across from him.

He looked up at me, clearly annoyed, and I offered a friendly smile.

"So..." I said, finally breaking the silence, "why aren't you out bowling with everyone else?"

"I don't particularly like bowling. Or any sport for that matter," he replied simply.

I smiled. "Yeah I get it. I don't really like bowling as well."

He nodded and went back to reading.

I was about to say something else when suddenly my hellphone buzzed.

A text from Blitzø.

"New client, get ur ass over here :D"

I grinned and stored away my phone.
"Who's that?" Alastor asked, not looking up from his book.

I gave a sly smile. "Wait...you actually care?!" I said sarcastically.
He set his book down.

I fake gasped. "And I got you to put your book down?!?!?!" I laughed.

He looked even more pissed off. "God, you are insufferable..." He groaned, shaking his head.

"Thanks, I get that a lot." And with that note, I shot him a grin and exited the library, smirking at the light chuckle that I heard come from behind me.

" And with that note, I shot him a grin and exited the library, smirking at the light chuckle that I heard come from behind me

~earth_angel17