Emotions

I don't even think before jumping into the pond. The icy water seeps through my clothes. I reach the traveler and almost start swimming back before I realize I'd forgotten about Ganyu. Seriously? I think to myself. I grab Ganyu and start swimming back to the shore.
     As I pull as I pull them onto the sand, Lumine and Ganyu start laughing.

     "So you're the mysterious lady that's been saving people," Lumine says, laughing. I blush again. "It took you long enough. if you'd have been a few more minutes, we'd have had an actual problem on our hands." She continues laughing.
     Pain stabs my heart. Not this pain I feel usually, not like a cut or a bruise. This was a hollow ache in my heart.

     "You weren't drowning?! I died back there!! What were you thinking?! I yell. I wasn't acting my usual way lately, this girl had been messing with my emotions.

     "Come on, we're solving a mystery. We needed your help." Lumine says. She's still smiling. I'm still in shock. She might as well have lied to my face and spit at my shoes. I had thought that she was dying. She was making me feel emotion, and she thinks this is ok?!

     "Xia..." she starts.

     "No," I say. "I'm done." And I disappear.