8

Hermione felt... awkward, even though there was probably no reason for her to. She and Fred had just done what had been expected of them, no more, no less, and still she felt like blushing, hard, when she remembered how unhinged she had been. Merlin, she almost begged him to have sex with her, even after he'd... Hermione blushed. Fred had played her body like an instrument, making it sing and ache with pleasure, making her yearn for something she didn't even know. Now she knew and sweet Circe... she'd had no idea that sex could be like this. She had known that if performed right it could be pleasurable, she wasn't oblivious to the feelings and the release an orgasm could bring, but it had never been like this. Touching herself now only felt like a weak echo of the real thing.

Suddenly Hermione's thoughts were distracted by a kiss on her forehead, when she looked up at Fred she could see him smiling.

"Now this is a way to start the day," he hummed, his arms coming around her pulling her close. "This was... thank you for trusting me with this."

She nodded, the awkwardness she'd felt seconds ago slowly dissipating. "I'm glad it was you, Fred. You were... you were wonderful."

Her husband smiled. "As were you." He kissed her brow. "Feel like taking another nap? Or do you want to get up?"

Hermione considered his words for a moment. She wasn't tired, not even a little bit, but getting up meant leaving his side, losing the feeling of his naked skin against hers. She wasn't ready to let him go just yet, as the urge to have him close had only grown stronger ever since...

"Let's stay in bed a while longer," she murmured, draping her arm across his naked chest. "We don't have anything to do today and this is comfy..."

Fred nodded, smiling. "Perfect."

He kissed her forehead and raked his free hand through her locks. Then Hermione could see him closing his eyes and it wasn't long until his breathing evened out. She did not mind. There was a lot she wanted to think about and if she got bored, she could start counting his freckles or wake him with a kiss.

Ssssssss

There was a groan from the kitchen.

"Mum invited us for dinner at the Burrow tonight."

Hermione strolled into the room, her hair still wet from the shower she'd taken after they finally made it out of bed. For a moment she'd feared Fred would want to join her in the shower, she wasn't quite ready for that particular step yet, but he'd just kissed her brow with a smile, offering to make breakfast for them. That had been half an hour ago.

"Do you want to go?" she asked, towelling her hair.

Fred shrugged. "I thought they'd at least leave us in peace for our honeymoon, but obviously mum is eager to welcome you into the family..." He snorted. "As if you hadn't already been an honorary Weasley all along."

Hermione smiled. "Now it's official though," she said, warmth blooming in her chest. Even though she still didn't have ner parents back, she at least had this - them . "I think there's no harm in going. We still have almost the full day to us and who knows how busy we will be when the week is over."

"Good point," Fred answered, lifting an omelette onto her plate. "We'll go. The sooner mum can vent her excitement, the better."