Chapter 11 - Betrayal

"Where are we heading?" Said Mikey, ever curious. "I don't know, what is there to explore?" Aery looked down onto the map, "This map will lead up to an important place, I just feel it." Athena looked down in guilt, "No, it's probably not that important." She said lyingly, knowing that it led to something very important.

"Let's head to Middle Town." Jade said, "Sharksaw still lies there, we have yet to defeat him." Aery agreed, "Yes, we shall head to middle town." Athena plotted a course for Middle town. She couldn't speak for a moment, "Y-yes captain." She said with fear.

The Icy Warriors sailed through shifting weather—cold to hot, misty to sunny—until they reached Middle Town. But what awaited them was a nightmare: the village lay in ruins, its buildings reduced to smoldering rubble. Flames danced like malevolent spirits, consuming everything in their path.

Aery's resolve hardened. "This was Sharksaw and his crew. We have to fight," he declared, his voice cutting through the chaos. "For Middle Town."

The ports were burnt down, leaving them no choice but to leap or fly over the wreckage. And there, amidst the devastation, stood Sharksaw—the very embodiment of their struggle. His crew watched, eyes filled with malice. "I-it's him..." Jade stuttered.

Athena, once loyal, approached Sharksaw. She handed him an important map, her expression unreadable. Aery's confusion turned into anger. "What are you doing, Athena?" he shouted.

Her response was chilling. "I am loyal to this crew," she said, disappointment etched on her features. "The Fishman crew..."

The battle erupted, a symphony of clashing blades and elemental fury. Aery faced Sharksaw, their swords ringing out like a dirge. Sparks flew, and Sharksaw's grin widened. Sharksaw was gaining the upper hand. "You really thought you could win, Aery?" Aery tried to get up, "It's foolish that you thought Athena would really side with you..." Sharksaw continued, he put his blade against Aery's Head.

Aery wasn't just going to take that. His true form emerged once more—an angel with wings of fire fueled by the Phoenix-Phoenix Fruit; Anger taking over him.

"DON'T YOU EVER SPEAK LIKE THAT TO ATHENA!" Aery's voice thundered. He held on to the blade and broke it to pieces. Flames licked his skin as he transformed into a full-on phoenix, feathers aflame. He soared above the chaos, leaving destruction in his wake. He let out a powerful beam wiping out a horde of minions and burning sharksaw.

Meanwhile, Athena was grappled with guilt. She was facing Jeremy and Jullien at the same time. Had she made the right choice? Her light sword clashed with Jullien's flames, each striking a reminder of her betrayal. Once she had the upper-hand she began using light moves, bending light at the ground where they'd been standing. Jeremy lay bleeding, and she couldn't tear her eyes away from the bloody stain on her blade.

Mikey fought to save trapped villagers, Jade battled some minions and healed wounds after, Logan tried bombing from afar, and the battle between Jullien and Jeremy with Athena raged on. In the heart of the inferno, bonds shattered, and loyalties wavered. Middle Town's fate hung in the balance, and the Icy Warriors fought not only for victory but for the return of Athena.

When Athena was ready to strike, she kicked the air where Jullien was and knocked him back. Jeremy was lying on the ground, not protected. Athena was ready for the attack, Mikey swished in blocking the attack. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you not have any loyalty in your crew? Not even for your captain?! Fucking Traitor..."

Athena was left there with tears; she couldn't just stop fighting. As she wept, she still fought on. Athena used her final move. She soared up to the sky, then came down; a light trail following behind. It was so fast, not even Mikey could react.

Then it happened... Athena's attack hit. It was as fast as lightning. Jeremy let out a gasp. He couldn't move anymore. She stabbed him with his light sword. Cold, Blooded, Murder. Jeremy wasn't all dead though. Athena stabbed Jeremy a few more times and licked the tip of her blade. Now, Jeremy was dead.

She was a 'monster.' "Holy shit-" Mikey said. "You're not an angel you're a fucking psychopath. The total opposite..." Thats when her wings appeared, she wasn't an angel with white wings. She was a demon with black wings and horns. She was corrupted, thought Mikey. She licked more blood from her light spear. Was she insane? Her eyes were demon-like.

As Aery's wings blazed, he vowed to reclaim what was lost—even if it meant tearing the entire village apart. He quickly dealt with Sharksaw's minions. Sharksaw found an opening; He attacked. Aery within a split-second reaction used Flash step that he learnt and teleported right behind the Fishman Boss; Dealing the Last blow with a flaming ball of gas. Turning his head into ashes. As a minion was rushing towards Mikey, Athena stabbed it through its chest. And licked the blade a final time. Her cute, purple outfit was covered in Red Stains. Jade healed both Jullien's and Mikey's wounds while Aery was left to deal with Athena himself.

Aery scurried back to the battlefield only to find out that Jeremy has died, Athena next to his dead body with a demonic face. "You didn't..." It was hard for Aery to believe. Aery's anger turned into madness, "Jeremy... you won't ever be forgetten." Athena's tears grew stronger. She couldn't control it, yet she killed Jeremy cold blooded. Something was wrong.

Indeed, something was wrong.

With Jeremy dead, Athena and Aery find themselves alone on the battlefield. Meanwhile, Jade tends to Jullien and Mikey's wounds. But the real surprise comes when Logan steps into the fight. He reveals himself as a Shark race, armed with multiple cannon balls. "We might be different races, but we are at war." Logan says. He hurls the cannon ball at Athena, but she effortlessly slices it in half with her Demon Tail; like it had a mind of its own. Undeterred, she charges at Logan, dragging him across the floor then knocking him back into a nearby wall. Aery tries to intervene, but Athena knocks him back.

Aery pleads with Athena, "Athena, the war is over. This isn't who you truly are." But Athena is resolute. "It's not over until someone wins," she declares. She approaches Aery, lifting his chin with her claw. "You may have killed Sharksaw, but you haven't killed me. Not yet..."

Aery coughs up blood, struggling to speak. "You can't," he manages. Athena's purple clothing begins to darken. "Oh yes, I can," she replies coldly. "I'm sorry, Captain." As Athena walks towards Mikey and Jade, "Then how come you're not bragging about how Angels hate demons." Athena looks back at Aery with an angry expression.

Aery, despite his injuries, summons a healing aura and stands. Athena rushes toward him, but Logan intervenes, he gets up and hurls a cannonball with his strong hand fueled with his shark race. Athena stumbles, and Aery seizes the opportunity, landing a punch that sends her sprawling back to Jullien. Jullien, with his boots ablaze, kicks Athena to the ground, and she faints, coughing up blood.

The crew, unsure of what to do with Athena, lays there. But Aery had other plans, he grabbed Athena's light sword, and he looked over at the other crew, harmed but helping each other up. He looked over his actions one final time, then he decided...

He Would Kill Athena...