Chapter 18: The Summer Solstice Festival

{Adam}

{Day Six}

"Alright then!" Vis said happily. "It's official, tomorrow, we go to the festival."

~~~~~~~

I woke up groggily. A stiffness in my shoulder ached as I sat up. The sun should have been up, shining brightly, but when I actually managed to look out the window the sky seemed to be in a state of twilight. I stared out the window a while longer, I was confused to say the least. Was I just seeing things? I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window again. Nope, it was still twilight outside.

I gave out trying to figure out what exactly was going on and got out of bed. Sounds came from downstairs and they were extremely loud. God, what is going on down there? I stretched and turned towards the door. I was so not ready to go downstairs. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sighed. I trudged out the door and down the stairs. The noises became louder and louder as I heard everyone talking rapidly. They were obviously freaking out about something, or being really excited about something.

The moment I turned the corner to get into the main room of the tavern, I had to blink a couple of times to actually comprehend what was going on. Sprawled out in front of me was the gang, they were all dressed in fancy, flowing silk clothing. The shirts of the guys were poofy on the sleeves with pretty slim fitting pants as bottoms. All of the guys shirts were in different pastel colours, yellows, purples, greens, the colours were all over the place, Most of them had leather belts, while on the other hand Martyn didn't have one. While he did have a flower crown on his head.

Rocky and Vivian were wearing loose fitting corsets, they weren't too restricting (At least it looked like it) plus it seemed like they enjoyed wearing them. Rocky's corset was part of a red and coppery coloured dress. It had a frilly skirt and a single long gathered sleeve. Vivian's outfit had colours that reminded me of the artic, she was wearing a corset that went up to about the middle of her neck. It had a single bell-shaped sleeve and a sash tied around the waist. They both wore tights similar to the colours of their outfits. Both of them like Martyn had flower crowns in their hair, both with colour schemes similar to their clothing. Something was off though.

None of them had shoes on. The entire time I was standing there, subconsciously I had been moving forward. None of them noticed me down there, well. Until I bumped my hip into one of the tables. I winced in pain and everyone turned around and saw me. Vis smiled brightly.

"You finally woke up huh?" Vis asked.

"Yeah, uh. What even is all of this?" I responded.

"This is all for the summer solstice festival. You know, the one we were talking about going to yesterday?" Aleks explained. I nodded. Martyn and Toby got a devlish look in their eyes, they looked at each other, then back at me.

"W-w-what are you two planning?" I stuttered, they looked very off and scary right at that moment.

"Aren't you supposed to be dressed Adam? I am positive that armour and gear will not be appropriate for the festival today. Martyn, Toby? Mind helping him out?" A new voice joined in to the busy tavern. Lydia had appeared from who knows where and was already wiping down the counter. Martyn and Toby smiled wider and Rocky handed Martyn a pile of clothing.

"Have fun Adam, oh yeah and no shoes allowed. Some sort of traditional thing." Rocky said quickly. Martyn and Toby rushed towards me. Each of them grabbed an arm and pulled me into the backroom.

I came out of the backroom moments later. Dressed in a light blue shirt and gray pants. The tavern was already full of people enjoying food, drinks and all. Lydia was gliding around, carrying two trays. One for each hand. When I meant she was gliding, she actually was. Either she knew how to do magic, or it was something she had always done and I had never noticed. When I did come out, Martyn and Toby followed behind me, but none of us could see the others. "Um. Where did they go?" Toby asked.