Late night visit

[A/N - This was the part that inspired me to keep writing, it doesn't really flow into the part I'm working on right now]

10:43 PM

You've been seeing Art now for a couple of months, but have been friends from working on projects and homework for a year or so. He seems to enjoy surprising you by showing up at your dorm randomly. You two aren't super serious or exclusive, but all your friends basically say you're together. Tonight as you were putting your laundry away, he knocks at your door. You let him in. He starts the conversation, 

"Hey y/n! How's your Friday been?" 

"Ya know, classes still suck the life out of me. He comes up behind you and holds your waist in a warm embrace. 

"I know, but we'll get through it and it'll be worth it in the end." He kisses your neck. "Mmm, I love that perfume." You both climb into bed to cozy up and relax.

After the conversation slows, and you are spooning, you say, 

"I know about Tashi. I understand if you want to go after her-" "

Turn around. Talk face to face" You turn around and make eye contact. 

"If you want to leave me for her, I understand. Just know that I'll be here either as a friend or more if you need me." 

"She's with Patrick now." 

"I know, but I also know that doesn't stop boys" You both pause for a moment. "If you do go after her, please just think about it like this. She doesn't have what you and Pat have. Tennis is her way to success. Don't get tensions and emotions high and cause anything negative to happen. I could see her getting in her head and causing accident or something, injuring her and taking away her future. Let her and Pat end naturally. I mean this not as a jealous girlfriend, but someone who sees her life from the outside and her potential." 

"Y/N..." 

"I know but-"

"No. You're right. I mean, she doesn't need added stress with her Adidas campaign or the upcoming tournaments. This is why you're good for me. You keep me grounded in reality and pull me out of my tunnel vision" 

"I know I'm not a huge tennis player, or as beautiful as Tashi, but sometimes opposites attract stronger." 

"Half of her beauty is her youth and short skirts. Yours is in your eyes, mind, and ass. Plus, it's easier for me to get hard thinking about you" He pulls you closer and you put your head on his chest. You both drift off to sleep.