Chapter 3

Lying Fabric

"It doesn't make sense!" Rocko shouted, keeping the scarf in analysis mode. "This should be easy, how's it taken a month to find nothing on this damn scarf..." Rocko calmed down a little, he then turned left to see a picture of Adam, he sighed, and got on with his work.

While he worked, Sara walked into the lab. "What are you working on?" She asked, walking to his side. "Still trying to find traces from the fabric of lies." Rocko looked deeper... "I can't find anything in this scarf... Is Shay absolutely sure that Leah dropped this scarf?" He asked Sara who just shrugged in unknowing. "I don't know, maybe. I have not seen him in a while, might be caught up in art stuff." Sara suggested as she sat down. She opened her phone up as Rocko contemplated the scarf... She got a notification on her phone which caught her eyes...

- SOS, Gooner in danger at Jesmondean.

"We're definitely going to that" Sara smiled, seeing a potential payout from this. "Rocko! Stop crying over the scarf and come on." She stood up as Rocko sighed in defeat. He took the scarf down and wrapped it around his neck, following Sara as they left Wonen HQ.

----

Kian was driving at max speeds approaching Wonen HQ. He even dawned on his black belt, an item he wore only on special occasions. "Don't worry noo- uhh children and wife!" He yelled out of the car window as if anyone were listening and kept driving. During Kian's drive, he passed Jesmondeen park and ended up in a parking lot. "Nowhere else to go but through the park" He coaxed himself, closing the car door behind him.

Walking down the path, he felt a blast of air on his face. Weird, he wasn't the one who usually feels that. Nevertheless, he continued through the park. "Where is he!?" Kian heard a man shouting through the trees. He got down and sneaked around to investigate. He took refuge in a bush and the second he did two individuals landed in front of it as they continued fighting. He looked up to see the two swords clashing. Alfie Gooner in the flesh in front of him, dualing Markus Emory Fox in an intense battle to the death. "Sparx reader!" Mr Fox yelled as he delivered a charged attack on Alfie. He stepped out of the way and returned the blow, charging back into combat. Mr Fox swept his leg in the heat of the moment, about to plunge his sword into Aflie's chest. In a split second, Kian escaped from the bush and Kurate kicked Mr Fox so hard it knocked him back into a tree.

Alfie got up and stared at Kian in shock, "Kian?? Fuck are you doing here?" he asked, ignoring Mr Fox. "Searching for children, noodles, wife... I just happened to find this-" As the two were distracted Markus Emory Fox sneaked behind him, on his tippy toes, and blasted a gust of wind into them both, blasting them into the air. They were sorta done for here... Until out of nowhere Rocko and Sara flew in (Both holding onto his drone) and caught them both. Bringing them to the surface. "You guys alright?" Rocko worried. Alfie nodded, along with Kian. "No, I'm not, that fucker has Charlie!" He pointed at Mr Fox after discovering that Mr Fox was in the Bells. "Charlies been kidnapped!?" She shouted as Markus started making a villainous laugh. "You fools! I've been charging my ultimate move this whole time!" The sky started going red, Kian held his black belt firmly, and Rocko gripped the scarf in hope. Just as they were gonna get decimated by Mr Fox's moves, the scarf started glowing, beams of gold shooting up into the sky eradicating the crimson red. "Wh-What the fuck!?" Rocko shouted as Mr Fox looked stunned. While they had the opportunity, Sara and Alfie charged Mr Fox and plunged their swords into him... Through all of it, he kept staring at the scarf around Rockos neck. "The key..." He fell, presumingly dead.

They all observed his body, not knowing what to make of it... "Are we just gonna skip over what happened?" Sara looked astounded, they all did. "Shay must know something about this scarf, right? He's the one who gave me it..." Rocko looked at it closely... He had analysed it for so long and now it does this? Maybe Leah's location isn't the only thing it holds... They walked out of the park and informed each other of their next moves. "I need to get to Byker, I know that's where Charlie is being held, and something going on there..." Alfie stated as if his mind had been made up long ago. "I'll come with you, we can goon on the way" Sara sided with him as the two became a duo. "I need to go to Wonen. Someone stole my noodles! Oh and wife and children." Kian looked to see if anyone would join him. "I'll take you, I'm already going back to HQ. I need to sort out my own problems though" The two banded together as the four split off...

----

"And after I kept bullying those little kids for having faulty bads I ate ice cream... What a good day" Eva remained in front of Brierly, Ale, and Holly. "That's nice... But irrelevant. Were discussing Michelle's situation?" Holly reminded her. "Don't be a wolly man." She shook her head, approaching the whiteboard. "Here Byker." She drew a circle, and a circle beside it, representing HollyTech. "Byker is slowly getting darker, yet bigger. I believe Bell is doing something which is why I sent Brierly to go get scraps for the army, Ale to get someone into Byker... Which went about as well as you'd expect, and Eva to practice her scarlet abilities." Holly approached the big table. The 3 right-hand women and a bunch of other officials populated it. She put her hand down. "We are going to war in the coming future HollyTech. Be ready, not even Wonen's forces will be able to survive Byker's destruction..."