Chapter 1

*timeskip*

POV: Y/N

We walked along the road leading to our house. NEW house.

It was a very long and exhausting journey, but we made it. After all, what wouldn't you do for a better job and future? And most of all, I hope this is our chance.
A chance for a better life.

We walked for a few more minutes while I dragged my bags behind me. My daughter, however, carried the keys because she insisted that she also wanted to help and that she wanted to be useful.

I had to bite my lip not to burst out laughing when I saw how carefully she carried the keys and looked at them every now and then to make sure she hadn't lost them. Oh she's just too sweet and kind.

She wants to help everyone in need and she even told me that no matter what job she gets, what matters is whether it will influence the well-being of people.

I still have her words in my head and they always move me.
I'm so proud of her.
She would definitely love Tom. I wonder if he's still in Green Hills?

After thinking for a while, we finally arrived at our new home. It's much bigger than the one in Mexico.
We walked to the door and I gently placed the suitcases on the door next to it.

"Okay! Here we are!" I said and my daughter couldn't contain her excitement. I giggled at that.

"Alright! Give me the keys." D/N eagerly gave me the keys and I thanked her with a smile.
I turned the lock with my keys, opening the door. We entered and immediately saw a living room with a couch, a beautiful small table and a TV. There were shelves for books and other trinkets hanging on the wall. The walls themselves were nice, as were the panels.

"I like it here already."

Without missing a beat, D/N immediately ran into the house and jumped on the couch.

"Honey, I'm glad you like it, but please be careful. The panels may be slippery." I said with concern.

"I'm sorry, mommy." she said, then lowered her head slightly.

"Hey.." I walked up to her and lifted her chin with my index finger. "Do you want to explore the rest of the house? Because, you know... there's a room upstairs for someone I love very much..." I said jokingly.

"Very?" she asked, looking at me with innocent eyes.

"The most in the world." I cooed, tickling her chin with my finger playfully, making her laugh cutely.

"Sure. We'll go. But... I WILL BE FASTER THAN YOU!" she said, running away from me and bursting into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh yeah? You will regret these words!" I shouted as I chased her, causing her to laugh and squeal.