7. The meeting

We stood at the door of the small cottage of the neighbors of the couple whose son was kidnapped. So far everything pointed to the fact that it was done by a demon, but what if we find the kidnapper and he turns out to be an ordinary person? What fate will befall him?
I knocked tentatively, and after a while I had to repeat the action. Only after some time did I hear whispers coming from the cottage as well as footsteps. The door gently swung open, a short man stood in it, he looked about forty years old, the girl's father?

- Hello, it may seem unrealistic. But we are demon assassins and we urgently need to talk to the girl who lives here. A person gave us information that she is a witness to the kidnapping of one of the boys. - As soon as the boy finished speaking he bowed slightly and continued. - I don't know what the Lord's attitude is to all that is going on in the village, however, I would very much like to ask permission to go in and talk to the child. We want to put an end to what is going on here. - In the example of the boy I also bowed, the guy laughed quietly. I just don't understand where he sees a reason to laugh here.

- Do you guys believe this too? Children are disappearing, and instead of looking for this sick pedophile, people are inventing some demons. And they still believe the child! After all, it is known that at this age they have the greatest imagination, any unknown person looks like a monster to them! I beg you guys, leave my child not to talk any more of this nonsense. - He closed the door in front of our noses, I heard the sound of a sliding lock after which I stunnedly looked towards Bokuto. He was as surprised as I was.

- So it won't all go so easily for us, we have to find another way to talk to this girl. - I said quietly, as if to myself. The white-haired man nodded at this and made a backward turn. - Do you have any ideas?

- Of course we will, we will find her room and knock on the window. Her father doesn't look like the kind who constantly looks into a child's room, and from what he's told us about how he treats his daughter's words, I doubt he's a good parent. We have to get this information no matter what.

- So be it, but remember that he might be scared of us after all, it's not every day that two strange men knock on your window to ask about your missing friend. - I sighed quietly and together we set off to find the window from the girl's room. If the little one has her own room at all.
Bokuto stopped at one of the windows and began waving his hand for me to come here, knocking on the window. Now let's hope she only wants to cooperate with us. I saw a small blond-haired girl who struggled to open the window, it was clear that she had been crying for a long time.

- It may seem strange to you that two strangers are standing in your window, but we want to find your friend. His name is Okaru, right? - Koutaro smiled slightly at the girl, at which her eyes began to glaze over again.

- O-Okaru... I couldn't do anything. Of course, I will tell you everything you need to know about it. My name is Raya. - She replied quietly and broke down. - You come this way because Daddy doesn't let you in, right? He never believes me and thinks this story is made up too.

- We believe you, I am Koutaro! And this is my friend Keiji! So Raya, will you tell us the whole story? - The girl resolutely nodded and wiped her face.

- Three days ago Okaru and I were playing hide and seek on the eastern outskirts of the village, it was our favorite place and we didn't know it was the least bit dangerous there. When I found Okaru the man looked out for something behind a rock and told me to hide. He pointed me to a cave a little away from us and said that I think it was where this person was abducting the children from our village, he said he had heard them screaming a while ago. - She scowled frightened as she thought back to these events, one thing is undeniable. A young child should never experience something like this. - It was the middle of the day, and kidnappings happened during the night so we thought we were safe. We came closer to the cave and heard the voice of one of our friends, we immediately ran there. We didn't think to call the adults. After all, it was our friend who was in need and there was no telling how much time we had left. After walking through an entire tunnel, we ended up in a large chamber where this person was sitting.... - Again she paused, swallowed her saliva. - He spoke in Kazu's voice. - Tears again ran down the tiny face of an eye of a six-year-old girl, I could not look at the suffering of such a defenseless being. We must find this demon as soon as possible and cut him down by the head, there is no other option. - When he saw us he smiled broadly and ran up to us, grabbed Okaru, and pushed me away calling me the worst and saying that I would be so perfect if I were a boy. And that I should run away before he got wise and didn't kill me. So I ran away, what else could I do.... I told my parents, and they passed it on to Okar's parents who probably entrusted the matter to the masters. That's all. - She finished by rubbing her face again. - Bring the boys here again please.