10. Frontier

- Hinata! - Shouted Bokuto calling out to the younger man as we ran toward that destroyed place. Why did this happen, why did we leave him behind? After all, the boy should have been home a long time ago, and I doubt he would have gotten lost in a city he has known all his life. Is the kidnapping of our ally the enemy's next move? Will he go as far as something else? We won't know until then.
We reached the devastated location and started looking around it again, but this time more carefully. We couldn't miss any detail after all, this was probably where the clash between our friend and foe took place. We could also have looked at it earlier, but after such a day literally everyone would think only of wanting to get into bed quickly, not even mentioning the hunger that accompanied us. But something like this won't cause us to give up so easily, it's not even an option! This is, after all, about the life of a person we may have met yesterday but completely liked. In addition, my companion trusted him, and this probably means that this trust is completely worthy, right? After all, as the Lord looking down himself stated, he has a gift and knows when he is dealing with someone good. If only he still didn't destroy every sword, then he could fluff endlessly. Even if it's perfectly normal for the rest, for him to fight without breaking, crushing or otherwise destroying his sword is a source of incredible pride. He enjoys something that is unique only to him, like a child. I could even think of Bokuto being like this great main character, of course not like the one who from the very beginning of the book is the most powerful. And the one who starts in zero or even negative position. And then with small steps he flies forward, after despite adversity he goes on with his head held high through the road to fulfill his dreams. Yes, this is definitely my favorite kind of protagonist.

- Hinata! - I finally shouted myself, this time it was different. Maybe not a boy, but something. Most likely this something, answered us.

- Are you looking for Rudy the gnome friends? - He asked in a mocking tone, I tried to guess where his voice was coming from. Although it was difficult, I eventually determined that he was in one of the two small alleys starting in front of us. - It's cute that such a little guy, even when he knows he has no chance, fights to the very end.
We heard footsteps, to the right. Yes, one hundred percent he is in this alley. He walked towards us step by step, until finally he showed us his face. White hair pulled back, red eyes with thin black pupils, he had a darker sort of tanned complexion and strange patterns on his body. The stripes on his arms, as well as those coming out of his clavicles wrapping about his abdomen, headed up to his waist. He was tall, well built and looked strong. He laughed derisively and then reached with his hand to a nearby wall, again all covered in shadow.
- Is he what you mean? - As before when I saw him, he penetrated the wall with his hand. After a moment he pulled it out, but in his hand by the neck he held Hinata. I immediately looked at my colleague to see if he had any major injuries, he is not conscious that's for sure, but his chest is moving at a normal pace, and thus even if he has a few scratches his life is unlikely to be in danger. At least in this state of course, we don't know in the end what his next move will be. - This toy was... Interesting. - He continued, I glanced at the reaction of the boy standing right next to me, he had his hand clenched on the handle of the katana and was trying to get ready to attack. The genocidal man laughed in unison again and threw the Red boy in our direction. - The taste of his blood didn't quite suit me, so I'm saving it for later. I will kill him together with you, after all, you are friends right? And as you know, friends love to die under the same circumstances, and preferably also time to not have to live without each other. - He laughed further and dodged the White-haired man running towards him. - Do you want to play too?

- I don't know how much fun it will be for you if you're the one who loses the streak. - He smiled gently and again aimed an attack at his opponent, he was nervous but fully focused on the fight. At one point, he activated his sword technique and hit the white-haired demon at his sensitive point on the nape of his neck. Or at least that's what we thought when we saw that our opponent wasn't here. - Is this the end? Is it really that much? - He asked looking around, all the while in a position ready to continue fighting. This is suspicious, last time when the demon's head was cut off his body literally turned to dust. And now there are no such traces. - Akaashi watch out!- He shouted suddenly, unfortunately I only managed to turn around. I saw the enemy coming out of the wall and approaching in my direction, he grabbed me and started laughing again. He put his head to my neck and began to inhale its scent.