015

Rochell

"Rachel, wake up! We're going to be late for Chesters' party!" Janett was yelling at me. I jumped so badly that I fell off my bed from the greatest afternoon brief nap I have ever had. "Why can't you wake me up normally rather than screaming?" Climbing myself back to the bed then covering myself using my blanket because she pulled the curtain opened, sunlight shining in my room. "Come on, it's Chester! Wake up, you donkey!" Janett pulled my blanket off from me aggressively, then she slapped my back with a book. That book is somehow very stiff, and it feels like it has a thick cover over it. I rolled to the other side of my bed to get my phone which was charging, checking the time and it's already 6 in the afternoon. "Oh, we are sooo late." Getting off the bed and quickly running to the bathroom to wash my face, brushing my teeth and doing my makeup. I'm not planning to overdo my makeup. I will be wearing something totally random and call it a day. "Who will be there?" I asked Janett as I'm taking my things and trying to search for the key to my car. "People that you know but not me, obviously. But Chester mentioned Elijah and Lorenzi will be there." I stopped and froze for a quick second. "Will you be okay with that?" Janett walked towards me putting her hand on my shoulder trying to get my attention. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I turned and smiled at her. "Are you sure?" Janett asked for confirmation again. "Yes! I'm sure." Turning around, taking the keys. "We don't have to go if you don't want to though. I don't want to force you.." Janett then looked down, not facing me. "You are not forcing me to go anywhere J. I love going to parties anyway! Come on, let's go before we're really late." I took her hands, wore my heels which will be a hell of a night or using this but did I even think twice before choosing what shoe to wear? No. We rushed to the car and drove to the party.

We finally arrive and Janett looks entirely shocked to see Chester's house. I have a feeling that I will enjoy this party because Arthur will be there for me if anything happens but, at the same time I don't feel like something good will happen. "He's rich, rich." Janett said as she was leaving the car. I chuckled a bit then took a leave from my car. I reached for my phone to take a selfie with Janett because I love keeping memories. "Are you not going to post that on Instagram or something?" Janett questioned me as she looked up to me.

"No, I'm keeping this one for our wonderful memories."

"I have never heard of someone who is very active in social media not posting anything on their Instagram story." I could really say that I'm quite active on any social media platform. But this time I'm trying to make things go slow after having a high chance the whole school knowing my hook up with Arthur. That stupid Elijah is dead to me now. We walked in the house and the scent of food from the backyard was very strong. People were dancing, drinking, laughing with their friends and couples hanging out at the corner while some were even making out. Janett gave them a disgusting look. The music was playing very loud. Chester has a good music taste when it comes to parties. Janett was pointing to the backyard because she saw our friends outside drinking, they probably were waiting for us both to arrive. I went out and I saw Elijah glancing over while talking to Lorenzi. Arthur then came up to hug me. "Look who finally arrived!" Chester said loudly, passing me a beer. I was about to ask Chester to not give her alcohol because she's not a drinker and somehow I don't have to. This guy really knows her a lot. I took a seat near Arthur as Janett was sitting beside Chester. She's brave tonight, I love her confidence. "Elijah is here." Arthur whispered near my ear, not wanting anyone to hear even though no one will because the music is fucking loud. "I know, Janett told me. I might deal with him later on." I drinked my beer after that, trying to eye on Elijah but he vanished but I saw Lorenzi looking upset. "I'll be back." I told Arthur. Walking towards Lorenzi. "Enzi! What is the bloomy face about?" He was leaning on the fence and looked at Janett. I turned around to see where he was looking. "Janett?" He then nods. "Enzi, you need to chase her. You can't sit here and wait!" Grabbing a beer from the bar for him. "Why is love such a heartache?" I was shocked to even hear that from someone that has the kindest and biggest heart for love. "Come on, don't be all upset now. I could help if you want." I passed the beer to him and he chugged that thing very fast like he was waiting for the right moment to do it. "Cheer up!" I pat his shoulder. He smiled and said "Are you and Eli okay?" I want to punch this asshole's face so much. One moment ago we were talking about Janett and now it's Elijah. "I have no interest in him." I said, looking away from Lorenzi's direction.

"Eli told me, it's Arthur spreading it and making it sound like it's Elijah starting it."

"Arthur? Are you trying to make me hate on him now?"

"It's your choice to think." Lorenzi walked away, leaving me alone. I looked up and the moon was bright. Thinking back to the memories when Elijah used to like moons. Every night he gazes at the moon and hope his dreams will come true in the future. The memory I made with him not washing away. I hate to admit this but I miss the time when we used to walk together and hang out almost everyday, now look where I've ended up with. "The stars are shining and the moon is bright tonight. Am I right Rochell?" I turned around to see Elijah looking at me. I couldn't form any words. "Care to talk in Chester's room for a while?" He's keeping a very far distance from me, I nodded and followed him from behind. We went up the stairs and entered the room. I have never entered Chester's room before. The posters of Yale are sticking on the wall near his study table. "I know you hate me and all kinds, but you need to know the rumour is not who I was spreading it." Elijah was closing the door then walking to the bed, I was busy looking at Chester's book collection, I didn't know this guy reads. "I know. Enzi told me." I wasn't paying attention to Elijah, I was still looking at the books.

"Do you believe him?"

"No."

"And do you believe me when I said I wasn't the one spreading it?"

"No."

"So we're just going to stay as enemies?"

"No."

"How many no's are you going to say?" I can feel a tall man standing behind me as I look through the books. "You're asking too many questions, Elijah." I'm not turning around because I could smell his perfume from behind, the scent was familiar. It smelt like the perfume I gave him on his birthday. "Will you ever give me a chance?" He asked. "It depends." Taking out a book and noticing that it's Jane Eyre, Chester is a really good reader. "Depends on the way I find a reason to want you back or is it something else?" A hand placed near my waist, I almost jumped from the sudden touch. "I don't know." I said, trying not to stutter. He then turned me around, making me look at him. His eyes are glowing under me and I don't know how he does it. We looked at each other for a long time as if we were fated to do this. "I would never, ever spread any of this. I would keep your secrets between us only." He placed his hands on my cheek.

"You can't just say goodbye to me by trying to ignore me. We both know that won't work."

"Who said I'm saying goodbye to you?"
"Honey, it's the way you act. Don't try to hide it." He leaned in closer to me. I looked the other side and did not want to make eye contact with him. "I won't start a random rumour on you Rochell." Pushing my head making me look at him.

"I love you, Rochell." He whispers.